Chapter 1

Author's Note.
Hi guys!!!! It's been a while since I've written the words "Author's Note" or written anything at all. Lol. I missed it. But alas, I'm back with another story. This is now my second book on here. If you want to check out my other book, I would greatly appreciate it. <3

Now, the warnings....
To start. This is a mature book, with mature language and mature themes. If that's not your cup of tea, I wouldn't recommend going further.

Also, all the events, people and places mentioned in this book are 100% FICTIONAL. ANY SIMILARITIES TO REAL LIFE ARE PURELY COINCIDENTAL.

Lastly, I give give no permission for this book to be reproduced/translated in any way.

If you plagiarize my shit, I'll see you in court lol.

Okay, I won't hold you any longer. I hope you enjoy. <3 Please leave comments and feedback, I'd love to know your thoughts.

Xoxo,
Adoringscripts.

P.S, this is a very rough draft, so I apologize for my errors in advance. Love you.

*******************
CHAPTER 1

"Hold it...hold it!" I gasp, my heels clinking against the hard, ceramic floor as I barrel towards my destiny.

My hands desperately shuffle through my bag, as I lock eyes with the person who's in charge of my fate. Today, it's an older woman whose hair is starting to turn gray in the front. Her face is molded into a stern expression, a complete contrast from her vibrant, floral print shirt.

And despite my pleas, both verbal and telepathic, she simply faces the ground, and pretends she doesn't see me, allowing the subway doors to close.

"Oh fuck me." I curse under my breath, finally finding my metro card through the sea of random items in my purse.

The time is now noon, and I'm officially late.

Late for my first day as Adrienne Walker's assistant.

As I swipe my metrocard, and walk through the station's turnstiles, I take a second to process what my life has become. A year ago, I was living at my parent's house in Florida, taking college classes and essentially dreaming of the day where I would be in the position that I am now. A college graduate, doing the job I love, in a city that I love even more.

When I got hired to work at Adrienne Walker Designs I was in complete shock. I mean...she's Adrienne fucking Walker. Her company is world renowned. An absolute staple in the fashion industry.

And I'm her assistant.

I moved to New York City about two weeks ago, and I've just been over the moon. For the first time in a long time, I can confidently say that I'm satisfied with where I am. I don't feel like I'm in that ambiguous place of waiting for my life to become what I need it to be before I can start being happy.

I am happy. The impenetrable kind of happiness that not even the wrath of the New York City subway can destroy.

Lucky enough, another train approaches the platform shortly after, and I'm able to board.