Chapter 16

Chapter 16

The incessant knocking at my door doesn't let up, even as I continuously voice that I'm occupied.

"ONE SECOND!" I shout from the bathroom, as I aggressively dry my hair with a towel. The knocking is so loud and eminent, that I'm unable to even think about what anybody could possibly need from me right now.

I got back from work about an hour ago. Extremely long day, but I was simply grateful to be home before midnight. And for the past sixty minutes, I was indulging in my self care routine, now rudely interrupted by whoever's at the door.

"Jesus, I'm coming!" I tighten my robe, and sprint towards the door, swinging it open, completely unsuspecting of what lies behind it.

I was too eager to put a stop to the noise.

And curse the audacity out of the person bold enough to knock on my door like a madman.

The door is open, and before me is Ryan.

"Hi." He says pointendly, and gives me a brief kiss on the lips. "Take off your clothes."

"Huh?"

It doesn't take long before I'm absorbed in a mass confusion. From his unexpected visit, to his even more unexpected request.

The fuck is going on?

Entering my apartment fully, he shuts the door behind him. His actions persist quicker than my brain's ability to catch up, and before I know it, he's grabbing me by the hand and leading me to my bedroom.

"Sorry. Where are my manners?" He huffs, relocating his hands to my waist..

"How was your day?"

"Uhhhmm..."

"Sweet! Now take your clothes off."

My lips separate in search of answers, but they're rapidly cut off by his.

The kiss maintains all the frustration I sensed on him from the moment I opened the door. He pulls my body into his, like he's trying to fuse us together, all while his mouth moves with an impatience I can't keep up with.

But fuck does it turn me on.

Before things go any further, I pull away.

"Um." I clear my throat, and place my hands on his chest, steadying myself so I don't collapse. "Is everything alright?"

It's quite obvious by the way he stormed in here that there's something bothering him.

Ryan is a tad forward, but he's never just barged in and demanded me to get naked.

It was kinda hot.

Not the point.

I note his appearance. He wears a clenched jaw, paired with a light flush, and white button down shirt with the first few buttons undone.

Work attire.

"Long day." He says curtly, and then leans in for another kiss, which I block with my fingers.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I query. "Did something happen at work?"

Not sure if it's my place to question, but seeing as though he's standing in the middle of my bedroom, it kind of is now.

He appears hesitant to answer, but eventually does.

"Do you remember when I said that my sister Maggie would be visiting sometime soon?"

"Yeah..." I recall.

"Well, it turns out soon is tomorrow."

The bench at the foot of my chair is now occupied by Ryan, his irritation and newly disassembled guard.