Chapter 39

Ryan's POV

"This feels oddly familiar," I state, squeezing the nozzle of the skinny whipped cream bottle onto a plump strawberry from the fruit bowl in the living room, compliments of the couple's package.

After our brief 'walk' on the beach, Alex and I made it back to our suite. A shower, and a blowjob later, we wandered into bed. She's still naked, the only thing shielding her body is the white comforter that sits just above the swells of her breasts.

I'm right beside her, feeding her fruit, and reminiscing on the first time I was introduced to the berry-whipped cream combo at my parent's cabin.

"Very," she replies. A bit of whipped cream dribbles down my thumb, as she bites into the berry. She chews silently, and then licks the remaining whipped cream off my thumb in a way that makes me want to lick the rest off her. "I remember the cabin." She says, after swallowing.

"I'd hope so. We have some fond memories there."

"Very fond ones." She grins, before opening her mouth.

I repeat the berry to whipped cream process. Alex bites into it. The scarlet juice drips down, staining her beautiful pink lips and then suddenly I'm kissing her again. Kissing her like it'll save my life. I've never been the biggest fan of strawberries, but they're suddenly my favorite fruit as her flavored mouth melts into mine.

It doesn't take long for me to want her again. My hands desperately claw on the white blanket that surrounds her body, eager to get it out of the way.

I like sex. I've always liked sex, but with Alex it's something entirely different. I wouldn't even begin to know how to explain it. From the moment we met, she's held some inexplicable hold over me.

And when I say the moment we met, I really mean it. I remember the exact second I saw Alex.

I'd been hearing Adrienne talk about getting a new assistant for some time. She told me she found someone, and that I couldn't use her spare office anymore. I didn't believe her. Adrienne hadn't hired a new employee in years. I thought she was bullshitting. Turns out I was wrong.

One day, as I was getting some work done, a girl stumbled into the office. At first, I was alarmed by the sound of someone opening the door other than me. That's what initially grabbed my attention.

And then I saw her.

She had wide eyes, and looked around the room in astonishment. It was evident that she wasn't from New York, but that's not what had my focus.

She was beautiful.

The city is full of good looking women, but none of them took my breath away. Not like her.

She looked gorgeous. I remembered her office skirt, and the way her legs looked underneath it. Her long, straightened hair and smile that stole every breath from my lungs.

The same smile that faded once she laid eyes on me.

It was only for a second. I only watched her for a second, because that's all it took for this strange feeling to consume me. A good kind of strange. I'd been single for a healthy amount of time at that point—completely unamused by the women around me. I was confused why I felt that way...why a girl I didn't even know lit a fuse inside of me that I was unaware existed. It puzzled me. And amused me. And slightly scared me, so much, that the words that flew out of my mouth next were ones of a complete dickhead.

I told her I didn't like an audience while I worked. That's not a lie, however it defied my true desires at that moment. I didn't want her to leave. I wanted her to stay. Stay in that office. Stay with me.