chapter two.

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

Trigger warning for this chapter: childbirth, character death, blood, it's also somewhat graphic so read at your own risk please.

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

For as long as Daesella could remember, Harwin Strong had always just been there.

Long before he had become her sword shield, she would see him all over the Red Keep with his father. She would never admit it to anybody, especially not her sister, but Daesella had always found Harwin attractive. Maybe it was because she knew she couldn't have him or maybe it was because he was older, but the reason didn't  really matter to Daesella.

"Harwin" Daesella spoke up looking up from her book.

She was sitting down leaning against a tree in the gardens with Harwin standing next to her.

Harwin looked down at the girl "Yes, Princess?"

Daesella rolled her eyes "Please Harwin call me Daesella, at least when we're alone"

Harwin sent the girl a small smile "As you wish, Daesella"

Daesella felt her stomach flutter at the sound of his voice saying her name.

"Are you excited for the tourney, Harwin?"

"I am, although I'm afraid I won't be participating this time" Harwin answered.

Daesella furrowed her brows "How come?"

"I don't feel like winning 3 years in a row" Harwin said with a smirk plastered on his lips.

"That and I can't keep naming you the Queen of love and beauty Daesella, the people might start talking" Harwin finished.

Daesella laughed "You could always name any other lady the Queen, Harwin. I'm sure they are all dying to get the strongest man in the 7 kingdoms to name them his Queen"

Harwin shook his head "I don't wish anybody else to be my Queen"

Daesella felt the blood rush to her cheeks at Harwins words "Oh"

Harwin cleared his throat "Speaking of tourneys, I should escort you to your chambers so you could get ready before the hour gets too late. I don't want your handmaids to get mad at me again"

Daesella nodded her head in agreement "Of course"

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

Once Daesella made it to her chambers one of her handmaids and good friend Mirabel helped her get dressed into a beautiful red gown and braided her hair.