chapter three.

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

The following morning was Queen Aemma and Baelon's funeral. Daesella hadn't spoken to anybody other than Harwin since witnessing her mothers death and she had no plans to speak to anybody else anytime soon. She was standing off on the side of the mountain, furthest away from her father and sister. Harwin standing closely beside her.

Daesellas eyes were puffy from the amount of crying she had done within the last 24 hours. She averted her gaze from her mother and brothers body, instead focusing her gaze on the waves crashing down below her. Safyra and Syrax were both on the hill above Aemma and Baelon's bodies.

Rhaenyra turned her head to look at her sister, when she found Daesella shaking her head, she stepped forward.

"Dracarys"

Syrax walked down slowly and followed her riders instructions, igniting the bodies with her fire.

Daesella closed her eyes and turned the other way, grabbing Harwin's hand out of instinct. Harwin gave her hand a squeeze and rubbed her arm in an attempt to comfort her. He knew it wasn't very proper to show this type of affection in front of people, but he didn't care. He just wanted to make sure Daesella didn't feel alone.

"Please take me to my chambers, Harwin,"
Daesella whispered.

Harwin nodded his head, extending his arm for Daesella to take, which she gladly accepted.

Daesella passed her aunt Rhaenys and gave her a simple nod and a sad smile as a goodbye, before walking away with Harwin towards the Red Keep.

Their journey back to the castle was a rather silent one until Daesella spoke up "I wonder if in the short amount of time my brother lived...I wonder if my father was finally able to find some sort of happiness"

Harwin turned to her "Permission to speak freely, Princess?"

"Always, Harwin"

They continued walking with Daesellas arm hooked around Harwin's.

"I believe the King will regret what he did for the rest of his life, but I also believe he thought he was doing the right thing, or at least in his mind what was best for the realm"

Daesella was looking ahead "Perhaps"

"I will never be a son, Harwin, nor will Rhaenyra. Part of me feels like I have failed my father by simply being a woman. If I had just been born with a cock, maybe my mother would still be alive" Daesella confessed.

Harwin stopped in his tracks and made Daesella look at him "Daesella you are the most incredible woman I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. You should never feel like a failure because you are the complete opposite of one. I know the Queen loved you just as I know you loved her and I am truly sorry this has happened to you, but it is not your fault Daesella"