chapter eight.

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

Daesella was sitting quietly in her chambers embroidering some dragons onto the frame. She hadn't spoken to her father much since he announced that he was to wed Alicent Hightower two days ago. The only times she would acknowledge his presence was at council meetings. She hasn't skipped one since that night. She mostly kept to herself in her chambers or on dragon back with Rhaenyra. There were times where she would ride alone however, worrying her father as the dragon keepers would inform him that they would spot her flying across the narrow sea and towards Essos. She would often fly over to Driftmark to visit her cousin Leana and her aunt Rhaenys. While Leana was a couple years younger than her, the two girls got along great, having grown up together. Daesella considered her to be one of her best and closest friends.

Viserys wanted to speak Daesella desperately, but didn't know how to. Anytime he tried to get near her she would simply turn the other way. She often skipped dinner with him and Rhaenyra and would have Ser Erryk bring it to her chambers. She also hadn't spoken to Harwin since that night. She barely would acknowledge his presence for that matter. He was still her sworn shield, however and would follow her around wherever she went, much to her dismay. Harwin had attempted to make conversation with her many times, but Daesella would either ignore him completely or give him short and blunt answers. Harwin wasn't sure what to do. He just wanted things to go back to how they were.

Her door was opened and Ser Erryk had stepped in "princess" He bowed his head.

"Ser Erryk, is something the matter?" Daesella asked as she stopped embroidering.

"Ser Harwin Strong is waiting for you in the training yard, my princess," Erryk explained.

Daesella nodded her head "I will be out shortly Ser Erryk, let me just get properly dressed"

"Of course Princess, I will be waiting outside" Erryk told her as he started walking out.

"Oh and Ser Erryk" Daesella spoke up.

Erryk stopped in his tracks and turned back around.

"Please call me Daesella"

Erryk gave her a small smile "As you wish,
Daesella"

With that he walked out of the room and left Daesella to change.

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

Ser Erryk walked with her to the training yard where Harwing was picking up the swords.
Daesella thanked Ser Erryk for walking her over and dismissed him. She walked over picking up her own sword.

"You're late" Harwin said looking at Daesella.

Daesella rolled her eyes "A princess is never late, everyone else is simply early"