Chapter 2

After leaving, what felt to be a long ass meeting with the principle. Lauren and Dinah decided to discuss what happened at lunch, rather than waste most of their class time.

The bell has already rung, what Lauren had feared, being late for class, was now happening. She rushed up the stairs, collapsing at the third floor of the school. Lauren always hated stairs, they always got her out of breath. She recollected herself, and rushed through the hallways trying to remember where her homeroom was.

'Ah' she thought at the sight of a open classroom door. She knew she had finally remembered. She slid into the class, trying to go unnoticed.

A small brunette, from behind the teacher's desk, pierced up at her. Lauren's heart began to race at the thought of being in trouble. "You must be Lauren?" The brunette finally spoke. Lauren tried to remember what class she was in again, she looked at the whiteboard 'English with Ms. Cabello'. Lauren's eyes widened as she remembered what Dinah told her earlier.

Ms. Cabello was a student teacher. Lauren looked back at the brunette and gave a weak smile, "I am she, pleasure to be in your class Ms. Cabello." Lauren charmed, hoping that would keep the teacher's mind off of her.

The teacher blushed, as her cheeks turned red at Lauren's compliment, "its a pleasure to have you in my class, Lauren. Please take a seat." Lauren sighed in relief. She sat down at the empty desk at the back of the class.

"Okay class, as y'all know. I'm Ms. Cabello. Also a student here, Camila Cabello. This is my first year at this school at to be frankly honest, you guys have some damn attractive students here," Ms. Cabello joked, she glanced at Lauren, causing Lauren's cheeks to turn red.

"All jokes aside. I'm gonna make sure this is the most fun class you guys have all day. The first lesson consists of only, the color red. Red is a significant color in society. Often used as a trademark for many important events and campaigns. So we're gonna play a game, I'm gonna throw this red ball," the teacher held up a red softball, "and I'm going to throw it across the class. If you end up catching it, you have to name one red item in this classroom." All the students nodded as the teacher explained the rules.

She swung her arm and threw the red softball, it was caught by a student sitting at the side of the class. "One red thing is... Um.." He began to mumble nervously to himself, "the clock?" He shrugged.

Ms. Cabello smiled at his attempt. He then threw the ball back to her. "Okay, how about we try this, if you catch the ball, tell us your name and what your dream is." She smiled, making the game easier for the students. She threw the ball, a lot of hands went up high trying to catch the ball. It bounced off the window and landed into the hands of a student that had walked in late, still standing in the door.

"Does this mean I have to join the softball team, because I swear it was a fluke that I caught this." The dark skin girl at the door said, the class lightly laughed at her sense of humor. "Say your name and your biggest dream," Ms. Cabello said after soft chuckling.

"Oh, hey I'm Normani Kordei and my dream is to be Beyonce's lesbian lover." The dark skinned girl smiled brightly. The class began to laugh again, "something more realistic Normani," Ms. Cabello said.

"When I'm dating Beyonce, y'all are gonna be at my feet apologizing. Realistically," she placed her pointer finger on her chin and stared at the ceiling in thought, "how about joining the softball team!" She smiled brightly.

"You sure got that heading for you," the teacher laughed along with everyone else in the class. Normani threw the ball back to Ms. Cabello and sat down in the empty desk next to Lauren's.

"Hey, if you didn't hear, I'm Normani," Normani said to Lauren, offering her hand. Lauren sat up in her seat and shook the girl's hand, "I'm Lauren Jauregui. Nice to meet you, you must be n-" Lauren was interrupted by a red ball flinging her way.

Being on the softball team, Lauren had great catching reflexes. She caught the ball without even giving it another glance.

The class stood quiet, waiting for Lauren to speak, "my name is Lauren Jauregui. But you can call me Lauren Jauregui. My biggest dream is to enroll into University of Miami." Her big spirit caused the class to clap. Normani pushed her hands into Lauren's face, trying to make her clap be louder than everyone else's.

The rest of the class time was spent talking about everyone's favorite authors of all time. Lauren sat at the back, conversing with Normani. She seemed to grow happy with Normani's bubbly personality. Even if all she ever talked about was Beyonce.

By the end of class, Lauren got up heading out the door, just like every other student,
"Lauren wait," Ms. Cabello called out. Lauren flung her head around in curiosity. She walked over to the teacher's desk and waited patiently to see what held her back.

"You're not in trouble," Ms. Cabello laughed, "I understand that you are quite the smart student."

Lauren took a moment to think about what her academics had to do with her being held back in class, "I understand that you are quite the smart teacher," Lauren finally answered. The teacher laughed lightly at Lauren's reference.

"I'm only smart when it comes to English, I know this is gonna sound strange, but would you mind tutoring me in history? It's okay if you don't want to, I just need one more credit so that by next semester I'm a fulltime teacher." Ms. Cabello asked, with pleading eyes. Lauren smirked at how cute and innocent the teacher had seemed to be.

"I'd love to help out, when are you free?" Lauren asked.

"How about tomorrow... At my house?" Ms. Cabello shinned a hopeful smile towards Lauren, "sounds good, later Ms. Cabello." Lauren said before she turned her head towards the door.

"Call me Camila," the teacher called out from behind. However Lauren was already out the door. Camila shook her head, only to see Lauren's pop back into the classroom, "bye Camila." She smiled the disappeared.