Chapter 17

Lauren's POV

Soon after the police explained the situation with Sarah's kidnapping, they had left. And here I was, sitting in pure silence with Ally, Camila, and Dinah. The tension in the room was still there, even after the cops had left. Twenty minutes after to be exact. I didn't quite know how to feel about it. I feel frustrated, but it makes me feel sort of determined.

The cops explained that the situation with the kidnapping could be linked with me being framed. They also mentioned Austin's side of the story and now have every reason to believe that I was framed.

"I'm going to kill Carter." Dinah mumbled, as she tapped an empty water bottle in thought against her forehead. I heard Camila softly chuckle, "please." She sounded almost vulnerable.

I got up and sat down next to Camila, facing her, I placed my hand on her thigh, "Camila, we're going to get through this. We're gonna find Sarah. And win this case. And get fucking Carter in jail. Please don't give up so fast. We still have a long way to go, and I can't get through this without you. So please, stay on board with me. I promise, we'll get through this." I spoke softly.

She widened her eyes at my words, she opened her mouth, but no words came out. I felt my cheeks grow red when she just pressed her lips against mine, then pulled back. "Thank you." She whispered, just above my ear.

"The cops said that they're not going to take Carter in for questioning without any evidence that he has anything to do with the case," Ally blurted as she got up, "if we go now and interrogate him ourselves, we might be able to get enough proof to get him arrested, or even break his potential case." She finished.

"You're fucking smart, you know that right?" Dinah said after she closed her wide open mouth. She was right. Ally was really smart.

"What are we waiting for? Let's go!" Camila clapped.

__

"I'll knock." Dinah hissed, at the rest of our hesitation. We stood outside of Carter's door, holding on to our breath as Dinah banged her fist against the door. We heard shuffling and footsteps, before the door flung open.

"Lauren?" Carter's jaw dropped, he stared blankly at Dinah and me. Not acknowledging Camila or Ally.

He was dressed in a tuxedo.

"We need to talk fuckboy." Dinah growled. I could sense Carter being frightened. He sighed then looked back at me, "I have family over right now. But you can come in." He moved aside, and Dinah angrily marched in.

The rest of us followed from behind.

We followed Carter into what looked like a cute family room, there sat were a bunch of old people and middle aged people. We greeted each of them one by one.

We sat down in empty chairs and joined in the family conversation. "So girls, what brings you here?" Carter's mom asked. I watched Camila nervously rub the back of her neck, getting ready to answer the question, "we actually needed to talk to Carter about some important things."

"Well don't let us get in your way." Carter's mother smiled. Her eyes suddenly widened, she mouthed 'oh my god.' "Are you the girl Carter has been talking to us about? NO WAY YOU'RE EVEN PRETTIER THAN HE SAID YOU WERE!" His mom shouted. Everyone jumped in, complimenting Camila about every physical feature.

I felt my blood boil, Camila's mine. Not Carter's. Not Austin's. I slammed my fist against the edge of the seat. The loud noise made everyone's chatter stop, and their attention direct towards me. I puffed, "I'm Camila's girlfriend. We're here to talk about the murder of Amanda Ross, which your son, cousin, grandson, second cousin, nephew, uncle, Carter, is involved in. So please. Shut the hell up."

Everyone adjusted themselves in their seats and remained quiet.

"Jayjay is awake!" A little girl came running into the room clapping her hands. Everyone began talking to each other and the sound of whispers and voices filled the room once again. "Who's jayjay?" Camila asked Carter's great aunt. She smiled and simply answered, "Carter's older brother."

"I guess we have to wait until we get to talk to Carter alone. He seems busy over there with grandma Jones." Ally whispered, softly chuckling. I looked up at Carter being bombarded with kisses and cheek pinches.

"Sorry I fell asleep." A deep voice called out from the door.

My jaw dropped at the person in sight.

Oh my God.

--

A/N: Sorry for not updating. I've been so busy. So next chapter you find out everything that happened the night Lauren got arrested.

In a couple chapters, you get to find out who kidnapped Sarah.

And then comes all the cheesy Camren stuff. And maybe even smuts? Wink wink.

Twitter: heyjaureguii