Chapter 8

A/N: So I realized that it's easier for me to type in the perspective of the characters (I, me, my, etc) rather than a narrator perspective. So I'm sorry for confusion. When I'm done I'll go back and change it.

Lauren's POV

My eyes opened. I was unfamiliar with my surroundings. I lifted my hand to rub my eye, but I noticed the bandages wrapped around my hand. The events of the fire had flooded my mind. All I could thing of was Camila. What she said. Did she mean it?

"Lauren Jauregui, its great to see that you have woken up. I'm Dr. Derek. How are you feeling?" I looked up to see the tall man standing above me. I sat up and evaluated the room. My mind couldn't exactly recall what had happened after I threw me and that little girl through the window. The little girl.

"What happened to the little girl I was with?" My voice came out shakier than I expected. I saw the uneasiness in the doctor's eyes. I felt my eyes swelling up at the thought of the little girl hurt.

"No need to worry. She's in the other room. She hasn't awaken yet. But we're expecting to hear from her later. Let's focus on you right now. How is your hand?" He rambled as he looked over his clipboard.

"It feels numb. Which is good, I wouldn't want to feel the pain." The thought of my fist colliding with the glass caused a shiver down my spine. I couldn't believe that had actually happened.

"That's great news. You're free to leave after a few regular check ups and the police would also like to speak to you." Dr. Derek said as he paced back and forth. "Oh and you're family and friends are waiting outside to see you. So I'll let them and the police in." He walked out leaving the door open.

My heart began beating fast at the sight of Camila and Ally walking in. My parents came in behind them, and the cops followed behind them. "Lauren," my mom said softly, she ran up to my wrapping her arms around me. "How are you?" I asked. I knew she should be asking me that, but for some reason I felt that the eyes on me weren't necessary.

"I'm good." She answered smiling. "I'm glad you're okay sweetie. What you did was brave." She continued. I watched as Camila nervously rocked back and forth. My mom stepped aside to let my dad speak to me. "You will always be my little hero. I still can't wrap my mind around what happened." My dad mumbled. I smiled softly at him calling me a hero. "Thanks dad. I love you." I placed a soft kiss on her dad's cheek. He walked over to stand next to my mom and watched Camila walk over to me.

"Hey... I'm sorry. I feel like this is my fault. I shouldn't have left you." Camila said. I could see the tears in her eyes as she spoke. I grabbed her hand squeezing it tightly, "it meant something to me." Was all that could come out of my mouth. Her jaw dropped at what I had said. She opened her mouth, but ended up closing it and nodding.

"I'm glad you're okay Laur, seriously what you did was unbelievable. Not even I could survive in a situation like that." Ally fidgeted with her fingers as she spoke. She then walked over to Camila and pulled out her phone. Two men in a uniform walked over to me. "Ms. Jauregui, are you okay with answering a couple questions?" They asked. I felt nervous, but I had to face what had happened sooner or later.

"Sure." I gently nodded. "Where did you find the little girl you rescued?" One of the officer's asked as he stared down ready to write in her notepad. "In the security room of the art gallery. I heard her scream before she passed out and found her." I spoke saying nothing but the truth. The officer nodded and wrote down what I wrote.