Chapter 3

Later that day at lunch, Dinah and Lauren sat quiet at their table. Lauren's palms grew sweaty unsure of what to say. At last, Dinah had broken the silence, "if he fucking dares to even mess with your UOM acceptance, I will personally mail him an invitation to his funeral." Dinah clenched her fists into a ball and pounded it on the table.

Lauren sensed the tall girl's uneasiness, her first instinct was to calm Dinah down. She lifted her hand, placing it on top of Dinah's, "we don't let him do anything. I promise he can't kick you out or take away my acceptance." She gulped deeply at her own words. Was it really gonna be okay? Lauren pondered.

"Can we at least get back at him for being a total scumbag?" Dinah looked up, tears were visible in her eyes. Often when Dinah was angry she had soft tears. Lauren knew that the principle had hit a nerve when he insulted Dinah's dancing.

"If that'll make you feel better, I'll do whatever it takes to get him back for what he said," Lauren said, Dinah forced a sad smile. "And by the way Dinah, if you ask me or the other two thousand kids in the school. I hope you realize that your dancing is amazing, and it'll surely get you further than him." Dinah immediately got up, pulling Lauren up to her feet and giving her a hug.

"Am I interrupting something?" I heard a familiar voice interrupt mine and Dinah's moment. We looked over to see Normani. Normani instantly smiled and pulled me in for a hug. Meanwhile, the tall Polynesian girl stood there was my interaction with the dark skinned girl.

'I'm Normani, you're Dinah right?" Normani offered her hand to Dinah, however the Polynesian looked like a deer in headlights. Just as I was about to snap Dinah out of it, I heard a loud laugh coming from behind me. All three of us turned to see Camila Cabello. My mouth began twitching at the sight of her.

She walked over to me, ignoring Normani and Dinah, "hey. I'm a student now. This is actually so weird its like going from being a total boss and sophisticated to being a slouzy teen." Camila said. Lauren's eyelids rapidly blinked at the sight of Camila.

"Sorry. I just... Didn't expect to see you until tomorrow." Lauren began fidgeting with the buttons on her wool sweater. She was clearly nervous, and to her surprise Camila was completely oblivious to the taller girl's odd behavior.

"Yeah I was actually just heading out." The shorter girl gave her a gentle smile. Just then, Camila was joined by a tall brunette boy who looked about the same age as Camila. "Hey babe, sorry I'm late to pick you up. Can I make it up to you with dinner?" The boy said, linking arms with Camila and giving her a gentle kiss on the cheek.

"Hey Austin. Sorry Lauren, this is my boyfriend Austin. Austin this is my new and recent friend Lauren. We just met today, but must I tell you, she's quite the charmer." Camila complimented. Lauren's cheeks grew red, but the completely lost colour at Austin's response, "should I be scared of you taking my girl away?" He laughed lightheartedly. Lauren shrugged unsure on how to deal with such a situation.

"We better get going, see you tomorrow Lauren." Camila waved, walking off with Austin. With all of the drama, Lauren had forgotten about Normani and Dinah, who just watched the entire scene.

"You didn't tell me you were friends with the hot new English teacher? Are you going Pretty Little Liars on my ass?" Dinah jumped in front of Lauren, startling her a bit. "We're not friends. We barely even spoke today. She just asked me to tutor her in history. That's all." The green eyed girl shrugged.

____________

Camila's POV

Austin and Camila had finally arrived to the fanciest restaurant on the block, Jimmy's Fish and Sticks. When they walked in, they immediately rushed to the corner booth. For that booth had sofas instead of chairs.