Chapter 12

Normani's POV

My heart sped up at the sound of the doorbell ringing, this is it! I'm gonna have my first night out tonight with my best friend, and I don't think anything is gonna go wrong this time.

I watched my reflection carefully in the mirror to make sure my outfit was good, the doorbell rang again and snapped me out of my stare down with myself.

"Coming!" I called out, beyond excited. I was nervous. The door flung open and the sight of my best friend made my heart flutter. "Hey Carter, you look good." I laughed. He eyed my outfit then began smirking, "wanna be straight for tonight? You're too hot to be my best friend."

"Shut up you dick. I have a girlfriend and the thought of dating you makes me want to vomit." I teased. He gave a joking offensive look then grabbed my hand as he led me to his car.

I opened the door an crawled into the passenger seat. "Speaking of your girlfriend, why didn't you bring her along tonight?" Carter asked as he began to reverse the car out of my driveway.

I looked down at my phone hoping I'd gotten a text from Dinah, but the empty notifications bar just reminded me that she probably won't text me until I text her first.

"I really didn't think of inviting her. Let me give her a call," I dialled her number and felt my heart race at the thought of hearing her voice. However her voicemail and broken my spirit.

"No answer." I mumbled. Carter picked up on my sad tone then placed his hand over mine, "don't worry. You'll see a lot of hot girls at the bad tonight and they will actually answer their phone when you call." I jokingly slapped his arm because of what he said.

But I must admit, I really missed Dinah. I stared out the window, the sight of a lit up building caught my eye. It was the club we were going to. Carter parked the car and got out, I did the same and followed him from behind.

We got inside after showing our fake IDs to the security guard. I sat at the bar hoping that Dinah would text me. "Excuse me, can I buy you a drink?" A deep voice called out, I looked over my shoulder to see a tall girl, with blue eyes, black hair, and nerdy glasses smile sincerely.

"I'm not looking for a hook up, just a friend. I'm Alex, Alex Vause." She sat down next to me as she stared down the vodka bottles hiding behind the shelves. "Normani Kordei. Nice to meet you." She softly smiled at my reply and began fiddling with her fingers.

"Who is she?" Alex asked, her eyes were locked on the ring that was on her finger. She slowly adjusted it waiting for my response. "Who is who?" I didn't know what she meant, but for some reason I felt the weight on my shoulders lift off.

"You're interested in someone, that's why being here, you have your guard up. And you're not drinking because you're afraid of doing something that will hurt your potential relationship," her words flooded my mind with images of Dinah, she was right, every word of what she had said was on point. "Her name is Dinah. She has texted or called me all day and we're not exactly official." I softly answered.

Alex nodded then got up from her seat, "it was nice meeting you. But I'm running late for my date. And before I go, go look for her. You can't sit here and try to enjoy a night without the only person who could make this night special for you." She picked up her sweater, then rushed through the crowd of people dancing.

She was right, why am I sitting here in a bar when I can be with Dinah? Just as I got up, I heard Carter shouting my name from stopping. "Chill. I know it's hot in here but leaving won't solve the humidity problem." He laughed. I dismissed his joke.

"I need to talk to you. The bathroom is empty, can we go talk there?" He turned red as I nodded. We shuffled our way through the club. Eventually we made it to the bathroom door. Me opened it, holding it open for me.

"So what's up?" I asked. I noticed that the bathroom was empty. It was quiet and you could actually breathe in there. Just as Carter was about to open his mouth to answer, we heard groaning coming from the handicap stall. Carter raised his eyebrows at me, clearly as confused.

We both slowly followed the groaning sounds, and kicked open the bathroom stall door. I froze at my sight.

It was Lauren.

She looked like a total mess. She was in a small party dress and held a vodka bottle. Her eyes fluttered open once she saw me. I rushed up to her helping her up, "Lauren what the fuck? Are you okay?"

"I... No. I need Cam- Dinah. Call Dinah pleas- now." She stuttered. She pressed the palm of her hand against her forehead. It was obvious she was in pain. I quickly pulled out my phone and dialled Dinah's number, I was scared she wouldn't pick up.

Dinah: Normani, why are you calling so late? Are you okay?
Normani: I found Lauren in the bathroom of a bar totally wasted.
D: Oh my fuckin- thank you! Please text me the address
N: Okay hurry

I hung up and quickly typed the name of the club and the street number to Dinah.

"How did I get here?" Lauren asked as she panted. I felt my heartbreak looking at her state. I never knew she was such a heavy drinker. "I don't know. But Dinah will be here soon." Lauren nodded then seemed to pass out.

"You have some weird friends." Carter laughed. It made my blood boil, this wasn't a situation to laugh about.

Ten minutes later I heard the bathroom door open then Dinah, Camila Cabello, some short girl with a cross around her neck, and two adults run towards me.

Camila Cabello pushed Dinah and sat next to Lauren. Lauren had finally woken up and Dinah began helping her up.

"Do you fucking realize how scared we were that we didn't know where you were?" A man scolded Lauren. "Dad I honestly don't know how the hell I got here. I don't remember." Lauren hitched out. Dinah walked over to me and wrapped her arms around me, "thank you so much." She whispered.

The loud sound of the bathroom door flinging open and smashing against the wall caused everyone to jump. A couple of police men walked in, "nice to see you again Lauren Jauregui." One of them smirked. He reached into his pocket, but from my angle I couldn't see what he was reaching for.

"Lauren Jauregui, you are under arrest for the murder of Amanda Ross." Another cop shouted as they pushed Camila off Lauren and began handcuffing her.

What the fuck was going on?

A/N: DUNDUNDUNNN

I made this chapter in Normani's POV because it's her birthday! Yaaay. Btw, Amanda Ross is Sarah's mother Incase I failed to mention. The next chapter is a total mindfuck so beware.

Byeee! -D

Follow my twitter: heyjaureguii