Chapter 4

Lauren's POV

"Austin..." Lauren gasped.

"That's my name. We haven't met before have we?" Austin asked, attempting to get Lauren to play alone. He nervous fixed his collar and stared into Lauren's eyes.

This was it. Lauren could either tell Taylor the truth and break both Taylor and Camila's heart. Or let Austin continue his little game. Either way she wanted an explanation. Both Austin and Lauren stood there staring at each other in silence.

After the shock wore off. The green eyed girl had snapped back to reality. Austin was a cheater. Taylor and Camila were in love with him. She was unsure of her next actions, all she knew is that she was mad. Her blood was boiling. She could feel all of the urges in her body, but she no longer had control of what happened next.

Everyone watched as Lauren clenched her fist, throwing it at Austin, causing the brunette boy to reveal a new bruise on his face, as well as a black eye. When she had realized her sudden actions, no longer was the motive behind it important. Taylor had rushed to Austin examining his face.

"Lauren? Why the fuck would you do that? What's wrong with you?" Taylor shouted, however Lauren stayed put. Her eyes never left Austin, the anger was still very obvious. Suddenly, she felt a push. Taylor pushed Lauren, ready to attack, the older sister blocked Taylor's punches.

"Taylor he's fucking cheating on you!" Lauren finally said, causing Taylor to freeze in her tracks. Austin ran up to the younger sister, rubbing her arm gently. "I've never met you before. Tay, look at me," Austin placed her pointer finger below Taylor's chin as they looked into each other's eyes, "I love you okay? I would never do that. Your sister must have mistaken me with someone else. All I know is that you're my one and only. You're the reason I wake up every morning with a smile on my face. You're the reason every day its sunny for me, you're my sunshine. You're the stars to my sky. I could never imagine a life without you. I'm sorry Lauren thinks that, but she's mistaken. You're my first real girlfriend." Austin finished.

The last thing Lauren expected was to see Taylor crash her lips into Austin's. But that's what happened. When the two had pulled away, Lauren ran up to her room. Closing the door shut. She sat up on her bed and buried her face into her hands.

"What am I gonna do?" She mumbled. So the girl decided to do what she always did when she was upset. Her first instinct was to take a nap while listening to music. For some reason, every time the music filled her ears, she felt relieved.

_________

Camila's POV

Camila's mind fled with memories from the diner. She remembered the soft kiss Austin placed on her hand, the three words that made everything official, but most important she remembered the green eyes who had been locked with hers across the room.

Camila didn't understand why she was staring at Lauren when just in front of her was a beautiful brunette boy who gave his all to her. Why was she so concerned about Lauren?

Before she even realized, she had pulled out her laptop and began googling Lauren. A lot had come up, videos came up of softball, there were many social media links as well. But she had decided to go through Lauren's Facebook.

Name: Lauren Jauregui
Age: 18
Interested in: Women
Family: Taylor Jauregui, Clara Jauregui, Mike Jauregui, Chris Jauregui

Camila widened her eyes at Lauren's sexuality. She always had a hunch that Lauren was gay, but now it being confirmed she felt butterflies in her stomach. Why are the hot ones always gay?
She thought. But she knew that she wasn't interested in Lauren as more than a friend.

She decided to click on Taylor's profile, scrolling through, her eyes had landed on a picture that she never expected to see. Taylor and Austin together.

"How do they know each other?" Camila gasped. But her mind had landed on a memory from earlier on in the day, she introduced Lauren to Austin. Does that mean that Lauren already knew who Austin was?

_______________

Lauren's POV

Lauren had awaken from a sudden knock on her door. She pulled up her phone to see it had been 3am. Who would want to talk to me at 3am? She thought. Growling, she pulled herself out of bed and opened the door.

Clara stood there, with swollen, red eyes, and heavy eye bags. "Can I talk to you? Sorry if I woke you up sweetie." Clara gave a sad smile as Lauren let her in. Both of them had taken a seat on Lauren's bed. The daughter felt the uneasiness and tension in the air.

"Lauren... You need to move out." Clara spat out, the daughter felt her heart shatter at those words. Did she really mess up this time? "What? Why? I was just trying to protect Taylor." Lauren shot up defensively.

"I know. But we all also know he didn't cheat. That's not the point. Me and Mike talked about this, and this wasn't the first time you tried to ruin a family event for your own amusement." Clara sighed deeply. Lauren felt tears swell up in her eyes.

"I'm sorry hunny." Clara spoke softly as she rubbed Lauren's arm. Suddenly, Lauren pushed her hand off of her arm and ran to her closer. She pulled out a suitcase and began throwing clothes in there. Without another word, she zipped her suitcase and ran out of her room.

Clara reached the top of the stairs and watched Lauren put on her jacket. "And mom, fuck you for not believing in me." Lauren spat, this time with anger evident in her eyes.

Lauren wasn't sure where she was headed, but she just walked around pulling her suitcase with her. She eventually reached a small park, which she hasn't seen before. Normally, she would call Dinah and ask her to stay over. But she had forgotten her phone in her room.

She threw rocks up in the air and swatted them to see how far they'd go. But a noise had caught her attention, the sound of leaves being stepped on.

She assumed it was a raccoon. But suddenly, she heard a soft voice singing behind her. She turned to face a familiar face, Camila Cabello. Her mouth dropped in shock. Camila had seemed to finally notice Lauren, she took out her ear buds and walked over to Lauren, taking a seat on the bench next to her.

"You know Austin." Was all Lauren heard Camila whisper. The younger girl's voice sounded trembling. The green eyed green took a deep breath in, "I found out tonight. Taylor was buzzing about her new boyfriend coming over for dinner. When I saw Austin, my first instinct was to punch him. So I did. Then I kind of got kicked out of my house." Lauren felt tears swelling up in her eyes.

And for the first time, Camila had noticed Lauren's suitcase sitting next to her. She wrapped her arm around Lauren's shoulder and whispered, "I never loved him. It hurts Lauren, it feels like someone stabbed me. But I wasn't in love."

"He never deserved you. Why were you with him if you never felt anything?" Lauren asked as she felt her free hand intertwine with Camila's. "Because I thought he loved me. I wanted to feel loved. I've never felt loved." A soft tear escaped Camila's eye, Lauren felt it land on her hand.

"You're beautiful. You're honest. You're young. You're smart. Austin is an asshole," Lauren turned to face Camila, "and you're a diamond."

Lauren watched Camila's face fall back into relief, they both sat there for moments. Not saying anything. But the silence was comfortable. For the first time, Lauren felt wanted.

"Do you want to stay at my place tonight? My parent's aren't home." Camila offered. Lauren felt her heart flutter at the younger girl's sincerity. All she could do is nod.

A/N: you guys wanted an update. I know this is short but I promise the next one will be longer. Tell me what you think.