Chapter 14

Narrator's POV

"Would you like to continue? Our session ended ten minutes ago," The therapist asked, he sensed Lauren's uneasiness on the topic of that night. He didn't want to force the truth out of her, afraid that she will once again be in the state in which she couldn't speak on her behalf.

Lauren took a deep breath, "we've been on the topic of that night since we started our meetings. I think I need to let out the truth." A small tear escaped her eye before she positioned herself on the couch.

"When you're ready, you can start." The man said. Lauren took that as a cue to begin speaking.

______

BACK TO THE PRESENT

Lauren's POV

I got home right after spending the day with Camila. The overwhelming feeling of happiness made me question how I felt for her. But now I know for sure, she was different. The good kind of different. The different you'd wake up every morning to see.

That was Camila for you, the best part of anyone's day.

"Lauren..." Taylor said, she looked down in disbelief. I didn't understand why she was acting the way she was. But it definitely scared me.

"What's wrong Tay?" I asked before she jumped in for a hug. I felt her wet tears on my shirt as she held on tight. "Michael, my ex. I found out he died in a car accident this morning. He was my first love." She let out. I felt my heart shatter at that.

I remember Michael. I remember him very well. Taylor and Michael were together for two years. And they definitely were madly in love. I saw it in the way he looked at her. Me and Michael didn't talk much, but when we did he was a total sweetheart. He was never rude to anyone, he never upset anyone, and he always stayed true to his priorities.

"I'm sorry Taylor. I'm so sorry. He's in a better-" as I was speaking, I was cut off by Chris screaming, "YOU GUYS MIGHT WANT TO SEE THIS!" He was over by the TV. I squeezed Taylor's shoulder before we walked over to the TV and sat down as Chris turned up the volume.

The art gallery fire case is now considered almost solved. Police believe they are certain as to who caused the fire. They say, no details will be released until suspect is in custody.

I felt my jaw dropped. I looked over to Taylor and Chris as they stared at the television screen blankly. "It isn't you Laur, if it was you wouldn't be here right now." Taylor cut off my thoughts. She's right, if it was me I would have already been at the station.

"I know someone who's friend is a police officer. He works downtown where the case is being investigating. He can give me the suspect's name." Taylor added. All I could do was nod. Could it be someone I know?