Chapter 5

Lauren's POV

Lauren and Camila had arrived at Camila's house. To Lauren's surprise, it was bigger than she expected. They had a gate outside of it, because of the neighbor Lauren assumed that it was to keep our thieves or animals.

Camila jiggled her keys into the slot and opened up the front door. The first thing that they both heard was a loud scream from the upstairs bedroom. "Uh oh," Camila mumbled. She ran up the stairs dashing towards the scream. Lauren followed from behind.

They were led to a small bedroom, and a short girl holding newspapers and screaming in the corner. She was on her tiptoes trying to stay as off the ground as possible. "Ally... What happened?" Camila asked, the shorter girl responded by jumping on Camila. She continued to scream uncontrollably.

Lauren stood there frozen. What the fuck is going on? She wondered. Finally, the short girl decided to address her concerns, "I saw a big ass spider. At first I thought 'hey its okay its just a regular bug' but then it started flying. IT FUCKING FLEW" She ended off screaming.

Camila and Lauren looked at each other and paused for a moment, then uncontrollably started laughing. The short girl finally calmed down and began eyeing Lauren, "Camila, are you drunk? Why did you bring a stripper home at this time?" Ally asked.

Lauren's cheeks flamed red at the comment. "She's not a stripper. She's a friend. I found her at the park." Camila said trying to hold in her laugh.

"Do you often bring strangers from the park and call them your friends? I'm getting concerned here." Ally began blinking rapidly at the sight of Lauren.

"A friend from school. Ally this is Lauren. Lauren this is my best friend Ally. She lives with me because our families are really close and she spends all her time here anyways." Camila said, which caused Ally to offer her hand to Lauren.

After taking it, the green eyed girl finally spoke up, "if I'm causing trouble I can leave."

"No Lauren stay. Besides, I don't know how to tell Ally about what happened today." Camila began glaring at Ally and rubbing her neck.

"What happened? Did you get pregnant? Are you hurt?" Ally rambled on with far fetched questions. "Austin cheated on me." Camila finally answered. Uncomfortable silence filled the room. Ally led Camila to the bed and put her arm around her shoulder while wiping tears that fell from Camila's eyes.

"With my sister. Then I got kicked out of my house for giving him a black eye." Lauren continued for Camila, knowing she wouldn't want to explain everything. For some reason, Camila had suddenly began laughing. "Did you really give him a black eye though?" She laughed even harder.

"Yes I did. If you thought he was cute, well at least he doesn't have that going for him anymore." Lauren smiled gently, which caused both Ally and Camila to laugh. "How did you find out about him cheating? And how did you know I knew?" Lauren then realized.

"Oh I um was on Austin's Facebook. And found stuff." Camila answered, seeming almost nervous. "Anyways Lauren I'll give you some spare clothes to wear for the night and show you to guest bedroom. Come on."

After changing, Lauren layed in bed thinking of the events of the day. Her mind kept wandering to her making Camila laugh. She began fluttering with butterflies. She couldn't believe that she was in Camila's house.

___________

Lauren tossed and turned, eventually waking up the next morning. She looked up at the clock on the wall, 7AM. She crawled out of bed heading to the bathroom. Just then, Lauren felt a small body bump into her. "Ally, sorry I didn't see you down there," Lauren laughed.

After freshening up, Lauren found Camila and Ally in the kitchen discussing plans for their weekend. "What are you guys doing?" Lauren asked, still very sleepy.

"I'm going to go check out an art gallery and Camila is coming for company." Ally said as she continued to shove cereal in her mouth.

"I love art. Mind if I tag along?" The green eyed girl asked. "Sure," Ally and Camila looked at each other and smiled.

Lauren was excited to spend more time with Ally and Camila. Mostly Camila. For some reason she'd enjoy the company of the student teacher.

After talking, Camila and Lauren headed to school. Once they got there, Camila had to go talk to the principle about something. So Lauren decided to head to Dinah's locker.

"Morning," Dinah smiled once she saw Lauren, "Good morning Jane Dinah, how's if going?" Dinah began to look a bit angrier.

"I should be asking you that. Why weren't you answering my phone calls this morning? I needed a ride to school." Dinah groaned. "Long story. I got kicked out of my house because I punched Taylor's cheating boyfriend who by the way is Camila's boyfriend Austin. I left to the park with my suitcase and Camila ended up being there. So she offered me a place to stay for the night. Oh and I left my phone at home." Lauren explained in one breath.

"You had an interesting night." Dinah said, she began raising her eyebrows at something behind Lauren. The green eyed girl turned around to see Austin walking down the hall with his hands in his pockets. He noticed Lauren and Dinah staring, he had a huge smirk on his face.

"I'm gonna kick his ass." Dinah puffed. Lauren pushed her arm in front of Dinah to stop her from going towards Austin. He then walked up to the two girls, "I thought transferring to this school would be fun so I could watch you be miserable and homeless for a while." Austin smirked.

"Fuck you." Lauren spat, heading towards her first class. She heard Dinah push Austin against a locker then chase after her, "tell me if he says anything to you. I'll kick his ass." Dinah puffed. Lauren nodded, ignoring her.

The bell rang as she walked into English class. She looked over to see Camila sitting down and browsing through a textbook. She sat and stared at Camila. "Hey," someone whispered. Lauren looked over to see that Normani had sat next to her. "You seem mad? You okay?" She said with pure sincerity in her eyes. Lauren just nodded. Not wanting to speak.

Camila finally looked up and met Lauren's gaze. Lauren immediately felt butterflies invade her stomach. She felt warmth and security in Camila's eyes. She didn't understand why she felt this way. Her thoughts were interrupted when Camila broke her gaze and frowned at the door.

In curiosity Lauren looked over, she saw Austin walking in and sitting down in front of her. Lauren's blood began boiling again. At this point she didn't care much for Taylor's feelings, rather considered Camila's. The class had seemed to drag on forever.

When it was over, Lauren waited for Austin to leave before her to avoid any conflict. However, Austin had walked up to Camila. Her immediate instincts were to protect Camila. She ran up to the two exes and joined their conversation.

"Camila, please forgive me. I'll break up with her for you. You know I love you." Austin sighed. Camila had finally noticed that Lauren came.

"Listen buddy, fuck off and leave her alone." Lauren said, finally coming to Camila's defense. Lauren then began laughing, "your black eye is darker than your soul." Lauren laughed. She felt Camila give her a joking push, she was clearly holding in her laugh.

Austin ignored Lauren's comment and walked up to Camila, pulling her in for a kiss. With jealousy taking over, Lauren pushed Austin before he could connect their lips. Camila turned to face Lauren in relief, to her surprise, jealous had been taken too far, the next thing she knew her lips were on Camila's.

She knew the damage had been done. She shared an innocent kiss with the shorter girl than pulled away. Austin walked up to Lauren pushing her onto the desk, "you can have my left overs. I don't mind." He laughed.

That comment had made Lauren even angrier. The next thing she knew her fist was once again connected to his face. He pulled back in pain. This time Lauren had got him in the nose, causing blood to drip out rapidly. He ran out holding his nose.

"I better get going." Lauren finally said, breaking the long silence. "Can we talk at lunch?" Camila asked.

Lauren ignored her question and continued to head out the door, after hearing Camila sigh, she finally gave in to answering it, "yeah. See you at lunch."