Chapter 6

Camila's POV

When it was finally lunch, Camila headed out to the cafeteria to find Lauren. She'd be lying if she said the kiss that they shared earlier that day wasn't on her mind. She felt sparks. And that's what scared her the most. The thought of falling for someone like Lauren, who slept with a new girl everyday, terrified her.

She furiously looked around the cafeteria. Lauren was no where to be seen. Her eyes finally landed on Dinah and Normani at a table. She recalled seeing Dinah with Lauren yesterday, and Normani was after all her student.

She walked over and slouched into the chair next to Normani. "Hey Ms. Cabello. Is something wrong?" Normani asked as she patted Camila's back. "Call me Camila. And I can't find Lauren, you haven't seen her have you?" Camila asked as she looked at Normani with pure sincerity in her eyes.

"She left home earlier today. She claimed she wasn't feeling well. Did something happen?" Dinah spoke up, she began playing with her pizza to avoid any awkwardness.

"No nothing happened. When you see her, tell her I need to talk to her about something." Camila gave a weak smile, she waved gently as she rushed away from the table.

________________

Dinah's POV

"That was weird." The beautiful dark skinned girl, who sat across from Dinah said. She couldn't do anything but smile. Part of her didn't understand why Normani had this affect on her, but the rest of her knew that she had feelings for the other girl.

"I can't help but think something is going on between Lauren and Camila," Dinah unintentionally blurted. She sensed Normani agreeing when she gave a soft nod.

"There's a new movie coming out tomorrow, I don't know if you're interested in two best friends who fake being lesbian for popularity, but do you want to maybe go with me?" Normani asked, Dinah was shaken after hearing that question. Was Normani asking her on a date?

"Sure."

________________

Lauren's POV

Lauren skipped the rest of school after her unexpected kiss with Camila. She was confused. Did she feel something for the student teacher? She surely felt her soft lips and the butterflies in her stomach.

She was headed to her house, to get her phone. The green eyed girl stood at the front door waiting for an answer. The door opened, she saw her mom standing there with obvious guilt in her eyes.

"I came here to get my phone," Lauren finally spoke to break the silence. "You can stay here tonight. I'm sorry for what happened yesterday. Can we talk?" Clara asked.

She was going to object, but she saw a tear escape from the mother's eye. "Fine." The two ladies walked to the couch and sat down. Lauren played with a lose string from her sweater as she tried to ignore the silence.

"Why do you think Austin is cheating on Tay?" The mom broke the silence with a straightforward question. Lauren debated on whether or not she should say the truth. "I met him yesterday at lunch, my friend Camila introduced me to him as her boyfriend. Then I saw them at the diner yesterday, he said I love you to her. So unless I'm wrong, that's cheating." Lauren sighed.

"You could've explained that instead of punching her. They broke up yesterday, Taylor was upset at me for asking you to leave. She loves you.' Clara answered. The daughter saw the honesty and sincerity in her mother's eyes.

"Thank you. Can I take a nap? I have a headache." She asked. Lauren knew it was still her house, but she wasn't quite sure of where her relationship with her family stood.

"Who is it?" The mom asked. Lauren's eyes shot up in curiosity. "You skipped two periods today to come home just to get your phone. You would never do that. Who is it that you're trying to avoid?" Clara continued.

Lauren knew there was no point in lying. Her mom always knew if she was lying. "Camila." She blurted out. Her mom gave her a soft smile before placing her hand on top of her daughter's. "Don't fight with her. Fight for her. That's the only thing you need to remember." Clara said.
All Lauren could do was nod.

She ran up to her room. And fell fast asleep.

__________

Lauren woke up when she heard intense banging on her door. She didn't feel the need to get it, "come in." She mumbled.

She looked over to see who would dare to disturb her beauty sleep. But yelling slipped her mind when she saw Camila walk in. "Hey. Is this a bad time?" Camila laughed at the way Lauren's body was positioned on the bed.

"No. What's up?" Lauren asked, but her mind then began to flutter the memories of their kiss. She had totally forgotten about it. "I wanted to talk about what happened earlier. You broke Austin's nose." Camila said, she had an unreadable expression on her face.

Lauren began laughing hysterically, the thought of Austin being her amused her.
"Is that what you came here to tell me?" She got out between breaths. "No, I wanted to ask if that kiss meant anything to you." Camila fidgeted with her fingers, avoiding eye contact with Lauren.

"It was to make Austin fuck off. I don't like you as more than a friend," it stung Lauren to say that, because she knew it wasn't true. But for some reason she found it easier to avoid the truth.

"Okay. So me and Ally are heading to the art gallery tomorrow morning, are you still on for joining us?" The other girl smiled. Lauren felt her heart flutter remembering her plans with Camila and Ally this weekend.

"Yeah. I'll come."

A/N: really short filler chapter don't be upset, I'm updating for chapter 7 part 1 later today. That's when the action starts ;) thanks for all the comments y'all have been leaving. Until later today, bye!