07.

Chapter seven | Layla
"Hi?" I ask cautiously, "Damien!" I yell as I search for my phone, the darkness making it hundred times harder, fuck, I slowly press my hands on the wall searching for the light switch, I don't make it to the switch before I feel a hand on my mouth as I'm pulled back, I stifle a scream but it's muted.

✿ ✿ ✿

The first thing that hits my senses, is a nasty smell, I carefully open my eyes, blinking slowly until the view in front of me becomes clear, and the first thought that comes to my mind is danger, I'm in danger, I try to move but it's stupid, my hands are tied, and so are my legs, and my mouth has a tape on it, so screaming is useless, and so is crying.

I try to think of the things my dad used to teach me to do when I'm in such situations, but it feels like my mind stopped working, the sound of footsteps makes me hold my breath as the crack of the door opening hits my ears, "the princess is awake" an unfamiliar voice says, the only information I get from it is that he's a guy.

He walks closer until he stands right in front of me, crouching in a squat, he tilts his head as I come into view the scar on his face, I also notice his brows having two slits on them, but when he sees my face they furrow, "I don't understand." He mutters under his breath and my brows hit my hairline, he rubs his lips then surprisingly....a smile spreads across his face, a dimple making an appearance and erasing the fact that he looks scary as fuck.

I swallow down the knot in my throat, his eyes soften for a beat as he stares at me, they're green, the lightest shade of it, almost yellowish, "you're safe, just act along with me." He says in a very accented voice but I can't quite figure what accent that is, my heartbeats go erratic, what the hell? I don't protest simply because I can't talk from the tape, I hear another guy walking around, and eventually, he comes into view, he's bulky and has tattoos all over his body, he cocks his head a little "well, too pretty for the fucker anyway, we're going to have lots of fun, baby." He says, his voice rough, he takes a step forward grabbing something from behind me.

"Not right now." The dimpled guy says, pushing him backward and the other one snarls "what the fuck do you mean, Ezekiel?" Okay so his name is Ezekiel, a scary name for a scary face, lovely info, I focus on the conversation in front of me ignoring the way my body is trembling, Ezekiel tsks "Give him time to figure it out first, the longer she stays alive, the worse things will get for him." He says raising a brow, and if looks could kill, the other guy would be dead just from his glare.

They're talking about a him, but who the hell is it? Damien? No, there's no way he's involved with this stuff, but I know another "him" who would be very likely involved here, oh fuck, Adrian, oh my god, my thoughts are pulled away when I feel a Cold metal on my cheek, I look up to see the guy beside Ezekiel holding a knife to my face, my hands shake, or more specifically my whole body shakes.

He caresses it across my cheek slowly until I feel a sharp sting and a liquid dripping down my face, I wince, it hurts so bad but I don't think I can feel it that much, my whole body is still numb from the drug they gave me, his eyes turn into slits as a wicked smile spreads over his face, it just takes a moment for those eyes to turn lifeless as the knife drops from his hand and his body becomes limb, blood starts dripping from his mouth, I gasp but no sound comes out.

Ezekiel appears from behind him, holding a knife, he stabbed him, and my body becomes limb the more I stare at the guy's lifeless body, bringing back memories I'd tried to forget for years, tears gather in my eyes but I force myself to stop, that's not the time for this shit, you'll be fine, you always are, he unties my wrists and legs, as he tries to help me stand up but when he notices how rigid my muscles are he picks me up easily, as If I weigh nothing, my eyes widen as I hear gunshots, I don't process what's exactly happening because he starts running, my head rocking up his chest, he calls my name but I don't answer because the only thing I feel is the darkness taking me away once again.

✿ ✿ ✿

"She's awake." A feminine voice meets my ears, I blink a couple of times until the image in front of me clears, I feel a hand on my shoulder as I turn my head, Damien gives me a smile as he caresses my back, "you're okay." He whispers and I nod, just going along with it, I'm not okay and we both know it, just living in a fucking lie because none of us cares enough to fix anything.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" A nurse asks, she's a beautiful tall blonde, smiling at me sweetly and I can't help but smile back but wince when I feel the pain in my cheek, "I don't know, I'll be fine." I say and she nods as she checks the papers in front of her, "you have two broken ribs and some bruises." She says and my eyes widen, broken ribs? I was fine, or at least that's the last thing I remember.

"Don't rush things please, you'll have to stay in your house for at least a month, it'll take exactly six weeks for the ribs to completely heal, so please be careful." She says and my chest clenches, and the look my brother shares with me, shows exactly how I'm feeling, there's nothing I hate more than staying in bed or in the same place all day, imagine a month, fuck.

After the nurse leaves, I look around the room, Octavia, Nash, Damien, and even Victoria is here, she's one of Nash's old friends, or more specifically, her husband is Nash's best friend, however, I don't find the person who I expected to be here, fuck it, he shouldn't be wandering through my mind right now.

Nash smiles at me, his green eyes shining under the light, and his face bright with love, my brother is one of the main reasons I'm still here, alive, it's a long story, Octavia gets up walking towards me as she kisses my cheeks, "ow." I wince and she makes an apologetic face, "I'm so sorry." She says, I smile, or more specifically, I try to.

"No, it's fine." I say, I notice the way her face falls as Nash gets out and excuses himself, something is up, he wouldn't normally do that, "what's wrong Octavia?" I ask her when she doesn't speak, she gives Damien a look and then stares at me, "I think we know who kidnapped you." She says and my breath hitches, I swallow down the knot in my throat as she sighs running a hand through her hair.

She motions for Damien as if she's offering for him to take over the conversation, "Layla, babe." He says I look at him, his brows furrow, "I didn't tell you, but I think I should right now." He says and I clench my fists, this sentence doesn't normally bring good news after it, "then tell me now, Dam." I say, he runs a hand through his hair, "my family didn't exactly come from a good place you know." He says clearing his throat as if he's weighing his choice of words.

I nod, not sure if I want to hear the rest of this, "I never told you abt my father, he—um well when he married my mother, she didn't exactly know his origins, but eventually, she knew something dangerous was happening, she confronted him and he told her everything." He says then looks me right in my eyes, "my father used to hold a great place in the bratva." He says and my lips part in shock.

A shudder rips through me as waves of fear clash through my chest, he clears his throat again before speaking, "the Russian mafia, my father was a part of it, and let's say, he's made some pretty enemies who are now coming after me and..Adrian, I figured that they'd try to use something against us, I just never thought it'd be you." He says calmly and I stare ahead but see nothing, fear crawling its way through my skin as my limbs go numb, and the darkness swallows me all over again.

Giving the story some drama cause I don't like this boring theme 😭

Anyway a vote is appreciated🤭🤭