27.

Chapter twenty seven | Layla
I'm a step away from having another breakdown.
But this time it won't be just me and Adrian, it'll be me, Adrian, Damien, and Melissa.
Since Octavia and Nash are still sleeping so it's just us, and well speaking of sleeping, we haven't got any last night.

And it's all thanks to me, Adrian stayed with me all night, I don't really understand why I had that breakdown in the first place but it was probably because it's been a while since I let out all my feelings.

It's one of the side effects of having to make yourself appear fine, and keeping everything battled inside you because you don't want to be a burden to someone, it hurts, but opening up to someone has always been crossed out of my mind for a list of reasons.

A snap of fingers pulls me away from my thoughts and I blink a couple of times, trying to concentrate on what's in front of me, Damien cocks his head as he takes a sip from his coffee, motioning at my food, Adrian and Melissa are still at the counter, and somehow my fate always loves to connect me with that asshole.

"What?" I ask when he continues to stare, it's becoming creepy at this point, "you eat normally now or...?" He asks and I grit my teeth and dig my fork through the pancake, as I force it down my throat, he raises his brows and leans back, looking both victorious and impressed at the same time.

"I eat normally now, so what do you think dam? Maybe you were the problem, after all, I never ate "normal" with you, Did I?" I snap, the words coming out of anger and frustration I kept through my bones for so long, his eyes widen for a moment before he snarls, "watch your mouth Layla, I think you forgot who you're talking to." He says and all the sadness from the several weeks turns into anger that I'm about to spit in Damien's face.

"Fuck you." I mutter under my breath, he raises his brows, amusement no longer shimmering in his eyes, "oh you already did" he replies and I roll my eyes at his classic childish comeback, "trust me it was one of my biggest regrets." I say deciding that I'm done with this shit as I stand up and walk towards Adrian ignoring the fucker who's screaming after me.

"Is everything okay, sweetheart?" He asks the moment I stand next to him, his brows dip together as his hand comes up caressing my cheek, I nod and turn away, not knowing how I'm feeling, anger, shame, embarrassment, humiliation, hatred, sadness.

It's always been confusing to detect what I'm feeling and I have no idea why I thought this time it'd be any different, he cocks his head a little, "did Damien say anything?" He asks and that catches my attention, I look up, and for a second I wish I hadn't.

Because I'm sure any words I had in mind disappear the moment his gorgeous eyes met mine, his gaze softens and I swallow hard as he brushes my hair out of my face, "it's okay." He whispers when he notices how rapidly I'm breathing.

He puts a hand on my shoulder, "come on, let's go somewhere else till the event starts." He says and starts walking with my hand in his, my brows furrow, and confusion crowds my mind but I don't protest as we walk out of the restaurant.

✿ ✿ ✿

"I don't have a dress!" I gasp, I totally forgot to bring one, holy shit, Adrian raises a brow but doesn't protest, I hold my hands up confused "what?" I ask, "you have five dresses in the closet, Layla choose which one you like the most." He says and my eyes widen,

"What dresses?" I ask my brows furrowing, he cocks his head, "I got you the dresses, love." And I yelp, hurriedly walking towards the closet, my mouth drops open when I see what he got me.

"Wow." I whisper caressing the material, the soft silk touching my skin, they're all beautiful, but there's one that immediately catches my attention, it's a red backless dress with a slit at the thigh, I turn my attention to him, "they're so beautiful," I say and he smiles.