22.

Chapter twenty two | Layla
It's snowing...
I rub my hands together as I take a sip of my hot chocolate, I spit it out almost instantly "what the hell?!" I yell at a grinning-Ezekiel, "see, I told you she won't notice." He murmurs to Reina and I narrow my eyes.

They've been daring each other to do pranks on me for the last two weeks, and I'm an inch away from telling Adrian, "I'm sorry!" Reina exclaims, still smiling at me, "you don't seem sorry at all." I mutter, glaring at both of them, "salt?? Really?" I ask raising my brows and sighing, "sorry, princess." He says plopping down beside me, "fuck you." I say, he laughs then passes me his mug, I take it, eyeing it suspiciously, "I swear it doesn't have salt." He says and I nod, taking a small sip.

Well, at least He wasn't lying, "ugh, this is boring." I mutter under my breath, Ezekiel gives me a side look but doesn't say anything however Reina gives me a  "yeah." A phone ring pauses my thoughts and I grab my phone, a grin spreading on my face the moment I hear her voice, "I miss you!" She says, I smile again placing my mug down.

"Me too!" I say excitedly, "I heard you talking to Nash yesterday, how dare you not talk to me?" She asks and I wince, feeling guilt creeping through my veins, "I'm sorry." I murmur and Ezekiel raises a brow seeming interested in my call, I glare at him then continue talking to her, "oh it's fine, what was he even saying?" She asks, I bite my lip contemplating whether I should tell her or not, "he has been saying—that you're not okay." I say letting out a breath,

I know that Octavia isn't fine, but she won't let me help her which isn't surprising at all, she's one of the people who love to form a shell around herself, I mean don't get me wrong it's relatable, but I can't help being worried about her.

I hear her letting out a breath as she speaks "I'm just—I'd rather talk about it in front of you, not through the phone." She says, I sit straighter "do you want me to come over right now?" I ask, concern finding its way with me, as it always does, "no! No! Are you insane, woman? Haven't you seen the weather?" She asks and I sigh, not liking that she has to keep this pressure on her chest till we see each other.

"Okay Octavia, but please if you feel like you can't take it anymore, I'm here, alright?" I ask, I can feel her smile as she speaks the next words "I know and I love you," she says, I smile a little "I love you too," I say then she adds "tell that asshole that I said hi." She says referring to Adrian, I giggle a little "I will." I say and end the call.

"So?" Ezekiel asks, "so what?" I throw back still annoyed by the hot chocolate thing, "who's this?" He asks narrowing his eyes, the scar on his eyebrow more visible by the action, "none of your business." I say just to piss him off, "boss won't like this." He says and my eyes widen, "are you spying on me?" I ask raising my brows, "it's not called spying if I ask you about it." He states flat-out and I groan.

"Fuck you." I say and he shrugs "boss won't like this either." He says and I snap "fuck you and your boss." I genuinely have no idea where that boldness came from but I'm not minding it one bit, "oh, did I hear something?" A familiar voice joins, ok maybe I'm minding it, "oh Adrian! Hi." I say awkwardly and Ezekiel smirks, that fucker.

Adrian raises a brow, making it obvious that he was eavesdropping on us, "I didn't mean it that way!" I say, when a smirk spreads on his face, I can feel heat creeping down my cheeks, he walks towards us and sits right beside me, his knee touching mine, and warmth spread through my belly from the simple touch, for god's sake I need to get a grip.

"You're cold." He says when he touches my hand, I turn and look at Ezekiel, he gives me a look that says don't say it! I shrug, "'umm-" I say and Ezekiel's jaw clenches and he narrows his eyes, that's good, he's mad, "someone took my blanket, I searched for it all day but couldn't find it." I say glaring at Ezekiel.