33.

Chapter thirty three | Adrian
Two weeks later
"Please don't tell me that's what I think it's." Ezekiel mutters somewhere beside me and I narrow my eyes, "what are you talking about?" I snarl, gritting my teeth so hard I think they might break.

He passes me the phone and my jaw clenches as I take in the scene in front of me, we've been keeping an eye on all our suspicions, Reina turned out to be good after all and that itself made things much easier.

It's the bastard, Marcel, he's been my guard since the moment my mother left, and I never once would've thought it would be him that was going to stab me in the back, "what is he doing?" Ezekiel mutters and my brows furrow.

It looks like he's waiting for someone, he's clutching a bag, apparently, it can be two things, either drugs or money, I grip the phone tighter when I see another figure appearing in front of him, wearing a fucking mask,

And surprisingly, it's a woman, she's holding a pink expensive looking bag, she opens it and takes a couple of the money then leaves the rest with him, my brows furrow, what the fuck? Ezekiel looks as confused as I'm.

And the fact that we can't hear what they're saying makes this a hundred times harder it's rather frustrating, "he'll come in an hour, it's his shift." I say and pass the phone to him.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Ezekiel asks confusion puzzled all over his face, "you mean the video?" I ask and he nods, "it means that marcel won't help us that much." I say, Ezekiel raises a brow, "and why is that?" He asks.

"Because he has no idea who is under that mask."

✿ ✿ ✿

"So tell me...how long have you been giving them information huh?" Ezekiel asks the fucker who's tied in front of us, marcel has already been beaten into a pulp, so I doubt he'll be able to answer any questions
In the next few hours, "you're pissing me off." He says and stands up like marcel just ruined his day because he didn't answer.

A phone ring startles us and I answer it, it's Nash, "tonight, we need to talk, all of us." He gets straightforward to the subject, "what happened?" I ask my brows furrowed, as I stare up at Ezekiel who raises a brow, "it's about Layla." He whisper-yells, I straighten and get up.

My muscles tense the more I wait for him to clarify, "Is she okay?" I ask warily, "yes she is, the doctors said she might wake up in the next few days." He says and my heart pounds heavily in my chest, and the happiness that floods my body is unmatched.

"I'll be there tonight." I say and end the call, then return to Ezekiel, "oh, why are you grinning like that?" He asks, his lips twitching, "later." I say when Marcel starts twisting the ropes, "now, where were we?" I ask as I crutch in front of him before blowing my fist into his face.

✿ ✿ ✿

"She's doing very great." The doctor says and my chest heaves with fast rises, Octavia smiles and hugs Nash, her baby bump hasn't started showing yet, Damien appears somewhere beside them and motions for me.

I raise a brow and excuse myself, when I walk toward him he clears his throat as if he's done something wrong, "what?" I ask raising a brow, "have you found anything?" He asks with some fake concern that makes me want to kill him.

"Nope." I reply, and his eyes make it clear that he realizes that I'm lying to him, he puts his hands in his pockets and straightens, "they said she'll wake up soon." He murmurs and I smile coldly, "and choke you." I reply,

"I'm sorry." A familiar voice pulls me away from the fucker and I turn around, Melissa approaches us with a genuine smile on her face and for a moment regret washes over me,m, "about what?" Damien asks but she ignores him.

Her eyes find mine and I raise a brow, "I didn't understand why you were mad at first but I get it now." She says and I nod, she smiles then sighs, "don't apologize, you did nothing wrong, I should." I say, for the sake of Layla, she would kill me if she knew how I treated her, or anyone in general.

"Adrian!" A yell catches my attention and I find Nash approaching us, "what?" I ask when I see a big grin plastered on his face, Octavia smiles a little and takes over the explaining, "he's insisting on seeing the gender of the baby." She whispers and rolls her eyes.

"You know you cannot see it until about 18 weeks or something." I say and he glares at me, I raise a brow in return, "I don't care." He says so seriously and I roll my eyes, Octavia bursts out laughing and for a moment it feels like everything is back to normal, but nothing is.

✿ ✿ ✿

"You're cheating!" Octavia exclaims and I smirk, raising a brow "satan's son." Nash mutters and glares at me as he pulls her to him, narrowing his eyes as he makes his next move, "checkmate." I say and smile innocently at him.

"You fucking-" he starts then stops when he sees the grin spreading on Ezekiel's face, "what?" He asks and Ezekiel just continues smiling, "it's just—I thought I was the dumb one but turns out he's just super smart." He says and I roll my eyes as Nash smiles coldly at him.

"You are dumb though." He says and I smile, raising my brows at Ezekiel, "oh fuck you both." He says before grabbing my cigarettes, "no." I say and take them from him, his brows furrowing, "she's pregnant for god's sake." I say and motion at Octavia.

Realization fills his face before he holds up a hand as if he's apologizing silently, a phone ring startles us and Octavia picks up her phone, "it's Melissa." She says and Ezekiel raises a brow, "where is she anyway?" He asks and I glare at him.

Whatever the hell has been going on between both of them will end whether he likes it or not, and he fucking knows that, he Averts his gaze away and I run a hand through my hair, "what?" I ask when Octavia drops her phone, "the security doesn't want to get her in, Jesus Christ." She mutters and I raise my brows.

Nash pulls her closer to him, a possessive hand wrapped around her waist, "they're necessary love, I know you don't like them but our life is full of surprises lately." He says and looks at me with amusement.

Moments later Melissa strides inside, "Hey!" She says excitedly and hurries to hug Octavia, her face stretched in a smile, Ezekiel's jaw clenches as he looks down at me, and the look on his face is...murderous, what the fuck? I don't realize what that look indicates until I follow his gaze, and my heart pounds painfully in my chest when I catch the sight in front of me.

"Oh my god, your bag is gorgeous where did you get it?" Octavia exclaims, her mouth stretched in a smile, my jaw clenches, it's a pink bag, a fucking familiar one,

It's the bag the masked woman was carrying.
What the actual fuck?

So maybe she's not cute after all ?
A vote is really appreciated 💌