36.

Chapter thirty six | Layla
I gasp, "oh my god, oh my god." I whisper as I clutch Adrian's hand tighter, Octavia is giving birth, and it might be in the top traumatic experiences I've ever experienced, or more like—watched.

That looks painful, Jesus Fuck, "she's okay Layla." Adrian murmurs softly, looking as concerned as I'm, "she doesn't look that way." I say and he smiles a little, "they're getting a baby out of her I don't think that would look peaceful." He says, his eyes wide.

"There's no way you're going to go through that." He says, it takes me a moment to process what he just said and I still, my eyes meet his and they look so peaceful, it's a beautiful sight to watch, "do you mean—" I start then stop and swallow hard, "you wanted to have babies with me?" I ask, and he smiles.

"Oh I wanted but that looks painful as fuck, I have no problem sacrificing kids for you to not go through this." He says and I groan, "oh Adrian, that's so cheesy since when are you such a romantic?" I ask teasingly and he raises a brow, "well, you bring out the best in me, darling." He says sarcastically and kisses my temple.

Moments later we hear a baby crying, my heartbeats go erratic as I stare at the sight in front of us, it's a girl, and for some reason, they decided that they weren't going to check the baby's gender earlier, even though Adrian told me that Nash was dying to know what it was at the beginning.

Tears roll down my brother's eyes as he looks at his daughter, Octavia smiles, as Nash hands her the girl, and the look on Octavia's face is breathtaking, it's the most precious sight I've ever witnessed.

✿ ✿ ✿

"What are we doing today?!" I squeal as I enter the kitchen and a delicious smell hits my nostrils, Adrian immediately motions at the chair with the pot, "what?" I ask raising a brow, "what I'm doing today, you're not coming near this ever again." He says closing his eyes for a beat.

I cross my hands over my chest and narrow my eyes, "it wasn't even that bad." I mutter, he smiles playfully and gives me a knowing look, I groan and  give him a completely innocent expression as if I didn't blow the whole kitchen up last week.

"Nope, not falling for it." He says and raises his brows, I get up and walk towards him, planting a kiss on his mouth, when I pull back I whisper on his lips, "still not?" I ask and he narrows his eyes, "you're not seducing me, darling." He says and I raise a brow, knowing that I'm winning this round.

I lean down and plant kisses on his neck as I trail my hand across his zipper, he stills and sucks in a deep breath, "Layla." He grumbles, a warning in his tone, I continue smiling as I raise a challenging brow at him, "still no?" I ask and he runs his tongue across his teeth, his intense gaze holds mine and my knees buckle.

A smirk pulls at his lips, as he plops me against the counter, a gasp leaves my lips at his sudden moves, from the months we spent together it seems like Adrian likes to have sex anywhere except the bed, which isn't surprising at this point, my thoughts vanish moments later when he crashes his lips on mine again and his fingers trace my inner thighs.

✿ ✿ ✿

"Eat." He raises a brow, I swallow some unladylike sounds and grab the fork, it's crazy how little time spent with the right people can change your perspective on everything, I smile internally at him as I bite onto the pizza, and he rolls his eyes, "Layla darling, I'm so glad that I'm not Italian, this would be so offending I'm sure." He murmurs and I grin.

"I'm just messing with you." I mutter and he raises a playful brow, I wink and he smiles, pink creeping up on his cheeks, it's fucking adorable, except I'm not sure this would be the right word to describe him, "Where is my slice!" A voice joins and I groan.

"You're late!" I yell back, Ezekiel jogs towards us, his face red and his expression stunned, "I told you that I wanted one" he glares at Adrian who glares back at him with the same murderous expression, "you can have mine, Jesus Christ." I mutter and pass the plate to him before Adrian snatches his hand away, "what?" Ezekiel asks, his brows furrowed.

"You're not eating her food," he says with a serious tone it's actually funny, "I'm not hungry!" I exclaim, I know why Adrian is so stressed about me eating, he thinks that I've been struggling again lately, but he can't seem to understand exactly what's going on in my mind.

I think the thoughts will always stay with me, the only difference will be whether they're the loudest ones or not, about a month ago I found a drawer in his office filled with research about eating disorders.

And how the person who goes through them feels, and everything that they need to hear, it made my heart melt, every day I fall in love even more, and I've never been happier than I'm in my life, of course, our lives aren't perfect.

And sometimes, some enemies from Adrian and Damien's lives pop up, but everything's been great lately, Damien changed, so much it's actually shocking, I don't know what made him like this, but something definitely happened, because I'm sure the old Damien wouldn't act like that.

Octavia and Nash are the same, as they have always been, bright, that's the only way to describe their love,

Our love, I think it's different, the way we're both polar opposites, he told me once that my softness fits right into his ragged edges, although I'm not sure I would've worded it that way, I have to agree, we fit perfectly, it's like he was made for me.

✿ ✿ ✿

"Wow okay!" I giggle as I drop down on the mattress, Adrian has been obsessed with bringing me heels, I have about a hundred pairs or something, the thing is, my excitement never fades and I hope it never does.

"Is it heels?" I ask excitedly, he swallows hard, visibly nervous, "nope." He says and I frown, "what's wrong?" I ask then stand, my hand clutching his, and my other one cups his cheek, "what's wrong Adrian?" I ask again, his face softens and he smiles.

It's a nervous smile, one that doesn't reach his eyes, I nod and drop my hands, knowing that he'll probably keep whatever he has on his mind to himself, moments later Adrian drops to his knees as he always does when he puts my heels on, even though I beg him not to do it.

I frown again, "what are-" my words vanish when realization kicks in, a blue small box shines in his hand and my eyes widen, heart, beating wildly in my chest the more I stare at him,

"just so you know, I don't believe in love at first sight, that's why I think what we have goes way deeper than just love Layla, I cannot go a minute without thinking about you, the moment I saw you, I vowed to myself that I would make you mine, we went through shit together, nothing was easy, but we fought for each other, with each other, even if you didn't realize it, it broke me to know that you two got together, but what destroyed me was knowing the way he treated you, you're much more than that...

Your wish is my command Layla, I sound like a fucking obsessed creep, but words will never do any justice to how I feel towards you, darling." He says and looks up at me with so much love it brings tears to my eyes, "will you marry me? I would like nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with you, I'd give you the world, just say yes." His sentence ends in a whisper and my face breaks into a grin.

A laugh erupts out of me before a sob follows, so many emotions it sucks the words out of my mouth so all I can do is nod, I nod over and over again and he smiles, so goddamn beautiful, taking my breath away, Adrian laughs and grabs me by the waist as I grin excitedly.

"You're officially mine on paper, Miss.Knight."

"Always will be."

This is the last chapter sweethearts, the epilogue is left though! 🫶

A vote is really appreciated