〚𝟒〛✎﹏ ʜɪɢʜ ᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴs ✎﹏

╒════◈✦◈════╕
         𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒
╘════◈◉◈════╛

𝕿he alarm clock's incessant rattling and ringing shook you out of a dream you forgot the topic of

You groaned and twisted around to turn the insufferable noise off.
After that, you sat up on your mattress, still dazed and staring into nothingness.

It took you a while to properly wake up, but when you did, you quickly freshened up and got ready to find the Great Hall to have breakfast and then take on your first class of the day.

You hadn't yet found the courage to properly talk to any of your classmates when Potions class started, so you were sitting alone at a table somewhere in the middle of the room.

When Snape came sweeping through the door, his robes billowing behind him, it was almost like you had never been gone.

✦•◦···················◦•✦•◦··················◦•✦

During the lesson, nothing noteworthy happened. Nothing out of the ordinary or unexpected.

…almost.

The Potions Master's expectations were high, which he made very clear, and your fellow students, as expected, were struggling to meet them.

At the beginning of the class, everybody was asked to get themselves a Potions book out of a tiny storage room just by the classroom.

Everyone was rushing in there to snatch themselves the newest, least tattered copies, and you ended up being pushed to the back, unable to squeeze through the crowd.

Helplessly, you stole a glance at Snape, who was sitting at his desk, eying paperwork and clearly didn't bother to care.

✦•◦···················◦•✦•◦···················◦•✦

You were the last to get into the cramped room, which consisted solely of shelves all around reaching up to the ceiling.
You looked around.

"Empty? It can't be…"

You tilted your head upwards and caught a glimpse of the last book that was left all the way on the top shelf.