〚𝟏𝟓〛Ω ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴅᴀʀᴇ! Ω

╒════◈✦◈════╕
         𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓
╘════◈◉◈════╛

"...𝕾o, what is this whole "Alpha/Omega"-thing about?" you asked.

"Beta," Snape added.
"There are Betas as well, but that information is not relevant to you right now."

"Great…," you sighed.
"Now, enlighten me, please."

"One could say, it is a socio-sexual hierarchy among Animagi. Those marked as 'Alpha' are the dominant, 'Betas' are considered neutrally aligned, and those we call 'Omegas' are biologically wired to be submissive. Questions?"

He looked at you, raising one eyebrow.

Snape had answered your question, but his reply left you with a dozen more.

'Hierarchy?'
'Biologically wired?!'
'Submissive?!'

Was he calling you weak?!

You needed to calm down.
You didn't come here to argue, but to get your questions answered!

✦•◦·················◦•✦•◦··················◦•✦

"And why can't I find sources on this in the library, for example? I highly doubt my father's archive includes anything about this either. So why?"

"Well, dear girl," the Professor began,
"that's because not every Animagus falls into this system.
Only those who achieve the status
of an Animagus through this one ritual — the older one — are affected."

…the ritual description you had used had, indeed, looked ancient.

"Another reason would be, that this system is considered taboo in our modern society, but that's not the main point of why you wouldn't be able to find it in the main library. In fact, the sources I am referring to, reside in the Restricted Section."

✦•◦·················◦•✦•◦·················◦•✦

"Why would they-...?"

Snape cut you off.

"The reason being, that wizards, having used this ritual, have a far more powerful Animagus form, which is why a lot of Death Eaters have made use of this in the past.
You could say, that there's a stigma to it…"

"Death Eaters?! Have I used dark magic without even knowing it?!" you asked, horrified.

He rolled his eyes.

"Do you see me rotting in Azkaban, Miss Blackstone? I told you, I'm registered."

…you took that as a no.

"Did you know about all of this when you did the ritual?" you wanted to know.

Snape's eyes went dark.

"Ask better questions," he shot down your query.

Damn… must have hit a nerve there…

✦•◦·················◦•✦•◦·················◦•✦

"I didn't mention it before…," Snape changed the topic,
"... but it goes without saying that our little… lesson last night stays between the two of us. I don't want you to tell anyone about this."

Oho, was this him admitting he overstepped?
Was he scared of the consequences his actions might entail?

"What if I do?"