〚𝟑𝟎〛۞ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀɪᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇ! ۞

╒════◈✦◈════╕
         𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟎
╘════◈◉◈════╛

𝖄our weighty words reverberated off the high glass ceilings of the vast, dead silent structure.

"...Won't I be cursed…?" you squeaked breathily as the other wizard collected some of the Moly's pollen.

It was no secret that the substance was non-tradable and strictly forbidden, due to the brutality of coming by it and its effect of bestowing the consumer with a cursed half-life.
What exactly that entailed, no one knew for sure, and no one was keen to find out.

The older Slytherin sprinkled some pollen into the iridescent fluid in the vial, rendering it a pale glittering daffodil-yellow colour.
He closed the vial's metal latch with a cold unpleasant click.

"'Cursed be they, whose lips touch the pure blood of a unicorn for consumption and selfish gain. For if innocence incarnate is slain, thine light within will wither away, leaving only malice to stay'" Snape quoted from an ancient poem.
He continued, utterly unbothered by the widely accepted lesson of the old text.
"Talking as if we aren't cursed already, are we, Blackstone?
Well, don't I have news for you… The spell used to complete the Animagus ritual we selected…— it's a curse!"

✦•◦·················◦•✦•◦··················◦•✦

Snape yanked at your hair, making your head fly back.

"...not to mention the curse of my undying obsession with you…"

You couldn't help but chuckle nervously, unsure about just how serious the vampire-like man had been about his last statement.
You almost choked on your nervous laughter, his face now suffocatingly close to yours, his infinitely sombre-seeming eyes paralyzing your body with prickly excitement and fear.

"Besides,—"
Your brain couldn't connect the movement of his lips with the sounds that left them anymore
—"the Moly drank the blood for you, you naïve little thing.
It won't keep death off your heels and neither will it curse your life."

Severus pulled out the pale yellow potion and unlocked its glass vessel with another click.

"Open wide for the cure… of my problems. Drink!"

"I'm scare-...!"

Snape didn't wait for you to finish voicing your concerns and, instead, single-handedly pried your jaw open and poured in the thin liquid.

It tasted minty and maybe had a hint of a sweet citrus taste, but going down, a biting aroma of metal seared your throat.

✦•◦·················◦•✦•◦··················◦•✦

"Swallow," he compelled insistently, "Swallow for me, Lucille, and all your wishes will be granted."

You forced yourself not to cough or gag, screwing your eyes shut, causing overwhelmed tears to force themselves out and dampen your lashes and under-eyes.

Snape's strong arms were still wrapped around you, tightly restraining your whole upper body while pressing it against his.
He felt hot, and the air still reeked of pheromones and greenery.
It was stifling.
Minty chills began cascading over your sweaty skin, and you gasped for air.

"Unhand me… please! I'm suffocating! I'm melting! Please, Sir!"

The wizard unfolded his arms around you, releasing you from your confinement and letting you rush to the metal-framed glass exit.