〚𝟓〛✦ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴇʏᴇs ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ ✦

╒════◈✦◈════╕
         𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓
╘════◈◉◈════╛

"𝕱orty-five minutes should be sufficient," Snape mused.
"...Starting from… now."

Forty-five minutes?
That was not a lot of time for the number of pages thrust upon you! You weren't going to give up before you even started though!

Your eyes scanned the first piece of parchment. The questions seemed easy enough.

Page one was a breeze, the following, however, became increasingly difficult and the questions wordier and wordier.
There were also some trick questions thrown in here and there.
You were beginning to sweat.

Meanwhile, the Professor was eying you closely.
He was ever so slowly walking around the circular room, his black eyes boring into you uncomfortably.

It made you shift in your seat, unable to flee his gaze.
He was practically studying you.
Your eyes flicked in his direction for a split second…

✦•◦··················◦•✦•◦··················◦•✦

"Already losing focus?" the Potions Master snarled.
"Eyes on the desk, Blackstone.
Ten minutes left."

Your face flushed hot with embarrassment and stayed that way as you scribbled the last words on your answer sheet.
You slid it a few centimetres from you to indicate you were finished.

Snape wordlessly snatched the stack from the table and casually shuffled through it, forming himself a rough first impression of how you did.

He didn't seem displeased.
What a relief!
You sighed deeply.

At that, the Professor's eyes lifted from the papers.

"If you really thought a theoretical test would be all it would take to prove your proficiency, you are sorely mistaken," he scoffed.

✦•◦··················◦•✦•◦··················◦•✦

Snape set down your test somewhere on the table.
He got closer to, then, prop one of his arms up on the tabletop and bend down to make eye contact.

"I require a demonstration of your skills before I let you do anything, Miss Blackstone."

He backed away but continued lecturing you.

"...besides, I will have to take a closer look at your answers after we're done here. I will not be lenient with you."

He was now standing next to a big cauldron.

"Come here.
I will now have you
brew a Draught of Peace.
I expect and will not accept anything less than perfection.
I hope I made myself clear."