〚𝟖〛✥ ʙᴇ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɢɪʀʟ ғᴏʀ ᴍᴇ ✥

╒════◈✦◈════╕
         𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖
╘════◈◉◈════╛

𝕾everus Snape was currently contemplating how much he could get away with at that point in time.
He hated losing control, this was no secret.
Losing control of a situation, of others, and most definitely over himself.
In his life, losing control meant possibly losing everything, and he could not let that happen.

And while indulging in and exploring his emotions and desires were other things he usually did not let himself do, to control them, he told himself, this risk had to be taken.
Besides, he couldn't deny his curiosity about the darkness within him that threatened to breach his hold whenever you were near.

It was better to let loose and investigate this, before it was too late for him to do so in these dangerous and unpredictable times the wizarding world was in, Severus concluded.
He would know.
He was basically at the frontline of this whole debacle.
Not willingly, of course, but did that even change anything?
He wasn't too sure himself.

✦•◦··················◦•✦•◦·················◦•✦

Anyhow, for now, he was just going to punish you.
And whatever would happen, would.
Snape wondered how far he would be able to push you, but quickly did away with that thought.
He wasn't trying to throw all his self-control to the wind, now was he?
Certainly not.

Though one couldn't say he was the most patient man.
Before he knew it, the Potions Master had cleared his plate.
He restlessly took countless tiny sips from his cup as his knee bobbed up and down.
Professor Snape was counting the seconds as his eyes continuously darted in your direction, seeking for you to meet his stare.
This took way too long for his taste, so when you finally did, he was already thoroughly annoyed and on edge.

You went wide-eyed.
What had you done wrong now?
The Professor tapped an invisible watch on his opposite wrist as he scowled.
Then he pointed to the door and mouthed the word 'now'.

✦•◦·················◦•✦•◦·················◦•✦

You sprung up from your seat and snuck through the rows of infinitely long tables and benches towards the exit to the dungeons

You looked behind you to make out how far Snape had gotten, but the tall man was nowhere to be seen.
Confused but unperturbed, you kept on walking.
You didn't want to test his patience more than you, apparently, already had today.

You walked on down the hallway, which grew increasingly colder the further down to the dungeons you progressed.
The few light sources around you were fairly dim, and your eyes swept left and right, expecting to spot the Professor somewhere in the shadows.
He had to be somewhere, right?

You searched but you never found and, before you knew it, you stood before the doors of Severus Snape's office.

Frigid temperatures crept through the cracks of the stone walls and made you shiver.
You couldn't wait to finally set foot into the heated room behind the door in front of you, even though you knew some form of punishment would await you there.