〚𝟐𝟕〛⊰ ɪ ғᴏʀɢɪᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ... ᴛʜɪs ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟᴇᴀsᴛ ⊱

╒════◈✦◈════╕
         𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕
╘════◈◉◈════╛

𝕾omething moved behind you, and you thought you saw a pair of glowing, reflective eyes.
You whirled around!

"Well, well, well… Who do we have here?" a familiar voice droned hostilely — the one you had wanted to hear the least.

"Mr. Ma-!"

"ғʟɪᴘᴇɴᴅᴏ!" he growled, his jinx knocking you against a bookshelf.

Then, something even more unexpected happened.

"I see you have… found the book," another voice spoke.

The book you had been holding, ripped itself from your hand and flew in the direction of the now-open door.

By the backlit silhouette alone, and even more so by his distinctive voice, you recognized who it was.

"You were right, Severus.
I don't think this one learned from the punishment you dealt her.
Perhaps she enjoyed it too much… Shall I try my luck, I wonder…?
A bit of torture never hurt anyone… Oh wait! It did~..."

Lucius cackled villainously.

✦•◦··················◦•✦•◦·················◦•✦

The blond-haired wizard held you against the hard wood of the shelf and tilted your chin up with the icy silver snake head of his cane.
You were sure your hysterical heartbeat could be heard thumping throughout the entirety of the unlit study.
Had there ever been a moment when you had been more terrified?
You couldn't say.

"You're not supposed to break her, Lucius."

Lucius scoffed.

"And, have you found the thing you so savagely violated my privacy for, hm?" he spat.

"You know…," he added in a whisper, bending down so his lips grazed the lobe of your ear,
"...there have been people I crucio'd for this offence… Consider yourself lucky you're likeable enough to still want you around."

Malfoy put some distance between the two of you, a devilish grin on his face, his teeth twinkling dangerously in the lustre of the one light source the room had.

You couldn't breathe, afraid to displease the man further or having your heat flare up again.
You didn't even dare to beg.
Not a single word wanted to come out.

✦•◦·················◦•✦•◦·················◦•✦

"It seems to me, you got your point across," Snape interjected, as though uncomfortable with Lucius' closeness to you.

Lucius rolled his eyes as though resigning.
He lowered his cane and took a step back.

"I forgive you…," the wizard murmured, his teeth clenched in a sugary sweet smile that didn't reach his eyes,
"...This time at least. I dare you to abuse my generous offer of trust. Use your second chance wisely, Miss Blackstone."

He turned to walk towards the door as you, finally able to try breathing normally again, peeled yourself from the shelf you had been pressed against and rubbed your back, groaning a bit.