〚𝟐𝟓〛⊶ sᴏғᴛ sᴘᴏᴛ ⊷

╒════◈✦◈════╕
         𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓
╘════◈◉◈════╛

𝖄ou were now clean, spent, and ready to dry yourself.
You grabbed a fluffy chocolate-coloured towel off the tall stack under the metal table where the glasses still stood.
By now, the ice cubes inside had melted, and condensation clung to them.

Towelling your hair dry, you ran a finger along the rim of Lucius' glass.

You swore there had been a connection between the two of you!
It may sound silly, but you thought you could feel it by the way he touched you, by the way he looked at you, and by the way he spoke to you…
Of course, with a man like him, you were forced to read between the lines, but there was a certain electricity to his touch and a gentleness in his eyes that you just couldn't describe.

…Maybe you were just delusional...

You put your robe back on, the humid air of the room slightly chilly on your hot skin

With your sleeve, you wiped over the steamed-up mirror above the sink.
A pale, flushed face with reddened watery eyes and pouty ruddy lips stared back at you.
Under your reflection, you saw a cup with a toothbrush and toothpaste inside — both brand-new.
After washing up, you told yourself, you would go out for some fresh air, the warm air in here beginning to make you feel light-headed.

✦•◦·················◦•✦•◦··················◦•✦

You spat out the frothing toothpaste after brushing and let the water run over it to wash it away.

"...Ha-...Havy…!" you called out hesitantly to the elf, afraid of being too loud or rude even.
"Havy…?" you repeated, this time a bit louder.

The small creature stepped through the door, hands politely crossed behind her back as she bowed to you.

"What can Havy help young Lady Blackstone with, Miss?"

"Um… I was told you would show me back to my room. Could you do that for me?" you kindly asked the house-elf, wrapping the bathrobe tighter around your body.
The air creeping inside from the corridor was shockingly cold.

Havy looked at you with big tennis ball-like eyes, surprised at your gentle tone of voice..

"Of course, young Miss.
Havy can do that! Right away, Miss! ...though I must shamelessly ask the young Miss to touch Havy's dirty, undeserving hand for that…"

✦•◦··················◦•✦•◦·················◦•✦

The elf was almost in tears, thinking her request utterly audacious, but you reassured her, holding her small calloused hand in yours.

After an audible 'crack', you and the elf found yourselves back in the room you had come from.