〚𝟑𝟏〛❍ ʀᴇғʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ❍

╒════◈✦◈════╕
         𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏
╘════◈◉◈════╛

𝕿he blur around you dissipated and the billowy whiteness of the steam coming from the currently-arriving locomotive's smoke stack lifted

Since the day before had been St. Andrew's Day — a local holiday — a lot of Scottish witches and wizards crowded platform 9¾ on their way to board the train back to Hogsmeade Station.
The droning sound of their hustle and bustle was cut by the shrill shrieking of the braking train's metal wheels, which was followed by the hissing sound of the brakes decompressing — you've always found it to be akin to a sigh.

Your eyes sought the man still having a tight grip on your sleeve.
He was studying the mass of people now collectively pushing towards the entrances of the various wagons, but, unlike them, he calmly stayed where he was, only mildly bothered.

"Sir, why aren't we trying to get in as well? If we don't get going soon, all the seats will be occupied and the train might even leave without us!" you urged the Professor and walked ahead a few steps, pulling on the arm he was still holding onto.

"Not so hasty, Blackstone," Snape replied, "There are more than enough seats, trust me. There's no use in stressing yourself out and uselessly squeezing through a swarm of disorderly idiots."

He laid his arm around your waist.

"Nobody ever thinks of the backmost wagon…" With long strides, he guided you down the platform, through the few scattered people still hurrying towards the Hogwarts Express, in the direction of the last available wagon.
"Let us enjoy a bit of privacy…"

The Professor offered you his hand, gentlemanly helping you step over the gap between the train and the platform.
He had been right — this area was completely void of all people.

Entering, you noticed how much warmer the heated train was than the station outside.

After effortlessly sliding your luggage into its intended compartment overhead, Snape let his cloak fall from his shoulders and took off his scarf, before hanging both onto a clothes hook on the wall.
In the meantime, you had already settled into the window seat.