[Scaramouche] Nonbeliever

3rd POV
"Hello...? Master Scaramouche?" Y/n calls out to Scaramouche. She was informed by one of the Fatui members that he requested her assistance.

"I see you're here." Scaramouche says from the balcony of his room.

"I was told you are in need of my assistance." Y/n says to Scaramouche. "How may I be of assistance to you, my Liege?"

"You have knowledge of the Archons, correct?" Scaramouche turns to face Y/n.

"Indeed."

"Then tell me... What does it take to be a God?" This question caught Y/n off guard.

"What does it take to be a God? I-I don't think I understand why you ask me this question." Y/n stutters out. "... Do you desire to be a God, Master Scaramouche?"

"It tends to linger around my mind from time to time." Scaramouche answers.

"And your reasoning for this desire?"

"... My reason? Why do I need a reason?"

"Everyone has a reason as to why they desire something. It's mostly because of what they lack during their younger years. For example, the affection from their significant other, or the attention from their parents." Y/n explains simply to Scaramouche.

"Hmph... I need so mortal reasoning for what I desire." Scaramouche huffs out.

"... Mortal reasoning?" Y/n mumbles as her book's pages release constellations. "... You used to be created for divine reasonings, weren't you?"

"How did you-?" Scaramouche snap his head towards Y/n.

"I have a talent for looking into the past and future of someone. And by the looks of it... You used to be Beelzebub's creation. You were created for her, until you were discarded away by her." Y/n says to Scaramouche.

"... She betrayed me..." Scaramouche growls out. "My own mother betrayed me...!"

"Thought so..." Y/n mumbles out as she stands next to Scaramouche. They watch over the barren icy landscape. "Tell me, what's a mob of people to a King?"

"What?" Scaramouche looks over at Y/n as her eyes are fixated on the landscape.

"What's a mob to a King?"

"They are the King's subjects...?" Scaramouche is a little confused.

"What's a King to a God?"

"A follower of the God."

"And what's a God to a non-believer who don't believe in anything?" Y/n turns to Scaramouche.

"I..." Scaramouche doesn't know the answer to the question.

"What's the similarities between a King and God?" Y/n says to Scaramouche.

"They... Have power over the people." Scaramouche answers.

"Indeed they do. They have complete control over the people they look down upon. They're the puppet masters, you can say." Y/n hums out. "But when it comes to non-believers, a God's power over them is worthless. They have no control over them. A puppet with no strings attached..."

"Why are you telling me this?" Scaramouche asks.

"Nonbelievers have a power on their own, Master. Take a look at Khaenri'ah for example. They don't need a God and they thrived more than any nation. They thrived so much that they were a threat to Celestia." Y/n says to Scaramouche. "Non-believers don't fear Gods, Gods fear non-believers. They fear the power they hold. And we have that power... It's only a matter of time until we're the ones controlling their puppet show."

"You must really hate Celestia to be this worked up over them." Scaramouche huffs out.

"Let's just say... I have an old grudge against them."

"Do you think one can become a God?" Scaramouche asks.

"For a normal person, no. But you are something else... You were created for divine purpose. I'm sure you will become a God one day, Master Scaramouche."