[Childe] Hydro VS Cryo

3rd POV
"So... You passed huh?" Childe says unnaturally cold to Y/n. His back turned to her as he looks over at the Dueling Grounds; the very grounds he ever so often trains and fights in.

"First Lady Sandrone went sadistic on me, and now you're acting cold." Y/n sighs out.

"Hmph, Sandrone's test is the Test of Resilience. My test however is the Test of Strength." Child turns around, revealing that he's wearing his red mask over his face. Alarms started going off in Y/n's head once again. But she knows...

"I don't have a choice, do I?" Y/n sighs out. In a blink of an eye, Childe soon strikes at Y/n as a snow trail follows behind, leaving them in a cloud of snow and frost. Childe collides with something. He felt panic rise in him, fearing he might've already killed one of his friends, but when the snow clears, he saw the blade in Y/n's hand. Y/n's starry blue eyes shined as a smirk grew on her lips.

"A Cryo Vision... Just as Arlecchino said." Childe mutters out. Soon enough, Y/n and Childe clashed.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"Ha! Not bad, for a first timer that is." Childe chuckles as he and Y/n's blades clash one more time before Y/n's shatters. "But not good enou- GAH-!" He got a powerful punch to the gut.

"Oops. My bad." Y/n smirks as she watches Childe hold his stomach.

"Time out, time out. Gimme a few seconds." Childe chokes out. "I keep forgetting... You're also a Catalyst User agh..."

"Heh." Y/n just smiles in triumph. "I may be a first timer for being a Vision Holder, but I have years of experience without a little accessory."

"You just love rubbing it in my face huh?" Childe looks up at Y/n.

"You know it." Y/n smirks as she places her index finger under his chin before standing up straight once again. "So! Did I pass?"

"Not so fast." Childe groans as he regains his composer. "You may have won the first part of the test, but you haven't passed the second part just yet."

"Second part....?" Y/n mumbles her her brows knit together in confusion... Until she saw a Delusion. "...!"

"So you noticed." Childe smirks as he takes a few steps away from Y/n as she backs up away from Childe. "While you were traveling around, I got stronger and acquired something... Special. And now... I'll show what I am at my best!" Y/n braces herself as Childe transforms into something she couldn't recognize.

"You have got to be kidding me...." Y/n mumbles out. She once again battles with Childe in his new form. She doesn't know how to attack him in this form; she doesn't know his weak spots. There is something she took note of. "He's slower in this form..." Y/n mutters under her breath as she dodges another attack.

"What's wrong, Y/n? Too afraid to FIGHT BACK!?" Childe laughs. Then he lost sight of her. "Huh. Hiding like a little mouse now? Where's that confidence of yours!? ... What the...?" Childe finds himself standing in a ring of icy spikes.

"Now RISE!!" The spikes rose from the ground and trapped Childe in it, reaching up to his chest level.

"You think you can trap me like that? HA!" Childe broke free easily.

"Nope! But it's a perfect distraction!" Y/n says as she delivers a blow to the back of his head, sending him back a few feet.

"Not bad! Not bad at all!" Childe chuckles out. "A bit dirty, don't you think?"

"All is fair in love and war." Y/n shrugs lightly.

"Then don't hold back!" Childe says he dashes to Y/n. Y/n manages to dodge Childe's dash by jumping out of the way.

"It's now or never! Stars above, guide me to victory!" Y/n activates her Burst, making the entire dueling grounds be covered in a twilight sky with crystal blue flowers sprout out from the ground.

"....! Ahahaha! So this must be your burst!" Childe laughs out. "Can't wait to see what I does!"

"Easy." Y/n smiles as she and Childe clashes once again.

'She's faster!?' Childe thought. He can barely catch up with Y/n. Y/n can see Childe is starting to get tired.

'He's not used to his new form yet... He's getting tired faster than I expected.' Y/n thought as she jumps up from behind Childe. "Now's my chance!"

Boom!

"... The test is complete." Capitano hums out as he goes down to the Dueling Grounds.

"Ugh....! Argh....!" Childe, now back to his normal form, coughs and groans as Y/n rubs his back.

"Deep breaths, Childe. Deep breaths." Y/n says to Childe. "That's it... Just relax. Don't force yourself."

"I see you're still standing, Y/n." Capitano says as Y/n and Childe looks up. "Good work, Tartaglia. You have done well."

"Thank you... Capitano..." Childe grunts softly, leaning against Y/n for support. "Y/n... You pass."