[Childe] Starry Blue

3rd POV
"How are you feeling?" Childe asks softly, careful not to disturb Y/n's rest.

"Childe?" Y/n mumbles, turning her gaze towards the door. "I thought you're in Liyue... What are you doing here?"

"I came back to Snezhnaya after hearing what happened to you and Pierro." Childe explains as he sits down next to Y/n. Y/n see the worry in his eyes; even his body language is telling him how distressed he is about what happened. "What even happened to you and Pierro?" Y/n sighs as she leans against his shoulder.

"I don't even know myself." Y/n admits. "All I know is one minute I'm talking to Pierro about the upcoming plans for Sumeru and then the next I'm crying out in pain." Y/n close her eyes, still feeling the side effects of Dottore's medicine. She could feel Childe wrapping his arm around her, his hand caressing her shoulder in a comforting manner.

"I'm sorry that happened to you. I could only imagine the pain you felt that day..." Childe mutters softly. His words sounded genuine as they reach her ears. "If only I was there... Maybe I could've helped you during that time when you needed it the most." Y/n smiles, cracking her eyes open as they meet with his own blue orbs.

"It's not your fault, Childe. This was something unexpected." Y/n says reassuringly as she takes Childe's free hand into her's. Childe looks down at their intertwined hands as he lets out a shaky breath.

"I can't afford to lose you." Childe mutters out. His words surprised Y/n. This was a side of Childe she always sees through his cracked facade but never fully shows until this very moment. "You mean so much to me, Y/n. You were practically my first friend... If you could even call me your friend."

"Childe..." Y/n mutters under her breath as Childe looks back up at her eyes.

"You still remember the first time we met, right?" Childe asks as Y/n nods. "You were telling the children of Liyue stories... When I first saw you, I couldn't help but feel enchanted by how you spoke each word, how you make the children smile... How your eyes shine under the light." Childe chuckles softly. Y/n could see the melancholy in his steal blue eyes. "And when are eyes locked, I couldn't stop staring at them. They were as beautiful as a starry blue sky at night." Childe leans forward and rests his forehead against her's, catching Y/n off guard by his actions. "You made me feel safe that day. I knew I could be myself around you..." Childe sighs as he close his eyes. Y/n smiles softly, feeling much better than before.

"You do know that you're one of the only people I trust, right?" Y/n says as Childe opens his eyes once again. "I knew from the start that I could trust you but I was still scared to let anyone into my life... So I did what I do best and try to push you away. But you were so persistent and you somehow managed to sneak into my life without me realizing it." Y/n chuckles softly, feeling Childe relax a bit. "... Childe, you were one of the best things that happened to me in the longest time. You're someone special to me, too."

"Y/n..." Childe sighs in relief as a small smile breaks out onto his lips. "Thank you for being my friend."

"Thank you for sneaking into my life." Y/n and Childe breaks into laughter. They stayed like that for a while longer, relishing their company before their untimely separation. It will be a while until they see each other again...

A/n
Ah yes, my third favorite trope: Soulmates.