[Scaramouche] Mother Figure

3rd POV
"Hmmm... Lately I've noticed something off." Signora mumbles under her breath, taking a sip of her tea.

"What do you mean, Signora?" Columbina asks.

"I've recently noticed Y/n and Scaramouche's relationship. I keep seeing Y/n defend Scaramouche from the other Harbingers for the past few days. Like... That one incident where we saw Y/n yelling at Childe while dragging him by the ear."

•-----▣✦▣-----•

"Will you stop it, Childe!? Give that back to me this instant!" Scaramouche shouts as he tries to take back a little golden feather from Childe.

"Sorry but I'm looking for a new present to give my little brother. Your little feather here is a perfect present for him!" Childe says with a smirk, holding up Scaramouche's feather.

"Give it back! It's not yours to take!" Scaramouche yells as he struggles to get his trinket back.

"CHILDE!!!" Childe and Scaramouche stopped what they were doing as the sound of heels clicking echoes throughout the halls. "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!?" Suddenly, Childe was pulled by his ear, causing him to stumble and drop Scaramouche's feather onto the floor. "You were supposed to be in Liyue by now and taking the new batch of recruits over to their new missions!! You are two hours late and we've all been looking everywhere for you!!"

"Owowowowow!!! Stop pulling!" Childe yelps out.

"And let you go wonder off!? Not a chance!" Y/n growls out. "Oh, Scaramouche. Your new batch of recruits are coming within an hour, so please be prepared to assign them to their new missions." This caught Scaramouche a bit off guard as he picks up his feather off the floor. "AND AS FOR YOU!" She turns back to Childe before dragging him off while yelling at him the entire way as Childe begs for Y/n to let go of his ear.

•-----▣✦▣-----•

"I find it odd how soft she's towards Scaramouche during that incident." Arlecchino hums out.

"Don't forget how she too defended Scaramouche from Dottore." Sandrone adds.

•-----▣✦▣-----•

"Now, now, Scaramouche." Dottore says as he pulls Scaramouche by his arm. "Stop... Struggling...!"

"Let me go! LET ME GO! I'm not something you're aloud to experiment on!" Scaramouche cries out as he struggles against Dottore's tight grip.

"I, unfortunately, can't let you go. I have some... Tests to run on you." Dottore laughs as they reach his laboratory door.

"No! No no no no no!" Scaramouche whimpers out as he shuts his eyes tight. His ears rang as he waits for his unpleasant Doctor's appointment. He suddenly felt his arm abruptly be released as muffled sounds of yelling and cursing was heard before a thud.

"S-Scaramouche...!" He then slowly opens his eyes as he feels warm hands gently cup his face. Worried Starry blue eyes search his face and body to see if there were any injuries.

".... Y/n...?" Scaramouche mutters.

"Sigh... I'm glad to see he hasn't done anything yet." Y/n sighs in relief.

"What did you...? ....!" Scaramouche looks over beyond Y/n as saw The Doctor lying on the floor.

"Don't worry about him. I just knocked him out is all." Y/n says to Scaramouche.

•-----▣✦▣-----•

"To think she managed to knock out the second strongest of us Harbingers." Sandrone mumbles out.

"She did it just to protect Scaramouche of all things." Arlecchino huffs out.

"Not to mention all the other incidents we've witnessed. Capitano's blade almost killing Scaramouche and Y/n managed to block it in time, Childe being punished by Y/n after he bullied Scaramouche, Dottore backing away from Y/n who's standing in front of a bruised and wounded Scaramouche... There are still so many of this happening... I wonder..." Columbina mumbles out.

"I see you all are here." The ladies turn towards the voice. "I'm looking for Y/n, seen her around?"

"Scaramouche, what impeccable timing you have." Signora mumbles out. "We were just talking about you and Y/n."

"Good things, one hopes." Scaramouche shrugs lightly.

"And as for your question, no. We haven't seen Y/n around today." Columbina answers.

"Sigh... Not here either." Scaramouche mutters as he shakes his head lightly.

"Oh? Is there something happening here that I shouldn't know about? Looks like you're all having a little meeting here." Y/n says as she enters the room.

"Ah, there you are. I have a favor to ask of you." Scaramouche says to Y/n.

"What is it?" Y/n asks.

"I need you to do a bit of research about..." Scaramouche stops as he looks over his shoulder for a brief second before whispering to Y/n what he needs as Y/n nods. "How long will it take for you to get the information?"

"Hmm... Give me about 2 hours and I'll have the information on what you need to know." Y/n says to Scaramouche.

"Alright. I'll wait for your report." Scaramouche says as Y/n leaves. ".... What?" Scaramouche turns back to the others.

"We know what you are." They say to him.

"What does that mean!?"