[Scaramouche] Mom...

Scaramouche's POV
I watch as the Electro Gnosis slips through my grasp and now in the hold of Buer. Everything I've worked for - EVERYTHING I'VE FOUGHT FOR....! ...It's all slipping away all over again...

I feel myself slip and fall. I look up and reach out as if I'm still trying to grasp my Godhood. It was hopeless, I thought. This was my end... I close my eyes and see her face looking back at me. Baul's glaring electric eyes staring right through me...

"Mom..." I mutter, thinking she would save me from my fall. But it was useless... No one's there to catch me... Not even my own mother...

Until... I feel arms... catching me...! I open my eyes and see...

3rd POV
"MOVE!" Y/n yells as she push Aether out of the way.

"Isn't that... Innamorati?!" Paimon yelps as they watch her catch Scaramouche before he collides with the ground just in time.

"Scara...? Scara...!" Y/n shakes Scaramouche in her arms. She takes off her mask as she looks down at the boy worryingly. She sees Scaramouche open his eyes.

"Mom...?" Scaramouche mutters weakly. Y/n lets out a sigh of relief as she holds him close to her, like a mother protecting her child.

"I'm glad you're alright." Y/n says to him. "Rest now. You've spent all your energy fighting."

"I failed... I failed to become a God..." Scaramouche mutters softly as he close his eyes again. Y/n shakes her head.

"No... You may have failed to become a full God, but you've reached the heights of which no one could ever reach. You've done well. I'm proud of you." She says to him with a soft smile. For the first time in years, Scaramouche feels the warmth of a mother's love before he goes unconscious.

Y/n gets up with Scaramouche still in her arms as she turns to Nahida, Aether, and Paimon. Without another word, she picks up her mask and puts it back on. She carries Scaramouche off to somewhere private for him to rest. Nahida, Aether, and Paimon follows after her.

"Is he... Gonna be alright?" Aether asks.

"He will be after he gets some rest." Y/n answers. "Archon of Dendro... I may not like you one bit but... I ask for your assistance in helping Scaramouche heal. Will that be alright with you?"

"Of course." Nahida nods. "I can see how much you care about him like a mother to her child."

"I am not his mother... But I wish for him to be alright." Y/n answers back. "Please... Look after him. I still have work to be taken care of."

"Of course. I will personally look after The Balladeer for you."

"Thank you..." Y/n sighs. "In return for your kindness towards me, I have some information that will be useful for you when you are confronting.... The Doctor."

"I'm listening."

A/n
I feel like I haven't done Scaramouche justice in this one. I might edit this in the future.