II

[HUA CHENG'S POV]

Just a simple and silent day at Pu Qi Shrine and the next thing Hua Cheng sees is this whole damned situation. Furthermore, he's being kept by an old man together with a demon sprawl and a very annoying yet-to-stop whining demonic master. And to a very annoyingly furthermore, with a mission to save the world.

Hua Cheng squinted his eyes and let out a very terrifying aura. He couldn't make sense of what the old man is telling them but one thing for sure is that—it was a pain in the ass. He, Hua Cheng, a ghost king, going to save the world? This old man in front of him must be joking!

"We might as well destroy the world."

"Yes... Let's just destroy it." He assents and then laughs out loud.

Truth be told, he doesn't care if the world crumbles or is destroyed. He will never care for others except for his Dian Xia. He will never abide by anyone's command. He promised himself to serve his God and only god.

"This is making me sick."

"Now... Now... Why not hear the old man's explanation for this?" Wei Wuxian, the demonic Cultivator followed. "If this is a great concern and mind you with villains—ah, scratch that, we're beautiful demonic incarnate villains, enemies rather return to life. I believe it would be a problem for all of us."

Perhaps. Hua Cheng couldn't say no to the demonic cultivator. He might be annoying and loud but what he says makes sense. If enemies return, especially, if Bai Wuxiang returns and if he became more powerful than before, his Dian Xia might be put in danger. Fighting that trash cost him his whole life... disappearing for almost a year and with no assurance to return to Xie Lian.

He sat down beside Wei Wuxian. The demon bastard sat on the other side of the demonic cultivator. The old man also sat down in front of them sighing softly and beginning.

"You know that the underworld is the realm of the dead. The fate of good and bad is the same and the dead wander the afterlife as shadow-like ghosts. Few remained as shadows, few have become elites of the underworld, and some remained floating never entering the gates of death. I believe, You, Hong'er a product of a shadow acquiring power because of the kiln."

Hua Cheng did not respond. The demonic cultivator has already said to listen first. He was suddenly tapped by Wei Wuxian. The latter gave him a jar of wine. Is this a child's picnic? This guy is nuts! Nevertheless, he took the jar of wine and sipped some while listening to someone else other than his Gege for the first time in his life. Mnn. The brat has good taste. This liquor is delicious. He would just indulge himself with this. It's just so boring. Xie Lian is the best storyteller of all.

"However, this world has different planes. Master Wei who came from the mundane planes knows this, Burial Mounds is another plane in existence."

"I've felt that before." Hua Cheng turned to Wei Wuxian and waited for his response, "the resentful energy cannot be tamed, at that time, Burial Mounds had this own consciousness and will that cut itself from the world."

"Several much more terrifying planes exist than that."

Hua Cheng stared at the old man. The old man is explaining that just like the kiln, this so-called Burial mound works the same. Anyone who enters is being devoured. However, survivors are deemed to have conquered the place. Furthermore, there is also an existing plane just like that. He did not expect this kind of twist. If not for the demonic cultivator raising the matter, "you don't mean... Our enemies conquered these planes."

Brilliant, quick-witted, and assessed, Hua Cheng admitted for the first time, Wei Wuxian is smart if not for his blabbermouth. The guy would be a decent man if only—only—he wasn't as troublesome as hell. Put it together, if only he is not noisy as hell, annoying as hell and a shitty brat whining left and right.