CHOICE I

"again.. the Yiling Patriarch had always been the one to stir trouble..." A sect leader snarled the moment he arrived at Lotus Pier. Three demonic figures sat in the middle of Lotus Pier hall. Yes, Lotus Pier, the great fucking Wei Wuxian held the meeting at Jiang Wanyin's place four days after the burning of Cloud Recesses. If not for the circumstances and the upper-ups (Xie Lian and the gods), he would never allow such a thing. Everyone keeps staring at them. Aside from their nasty looks and canonical demonic auras, their overall output is fearsome and scary. No one dared talk or utter a word, especially Hua Cheng and Luo Binghe. Only Wei Wuxian seemed approachable.

"Of course! A scourge like him should have been killed or tried, if not for Hanguang-jun, he wouldn't be alive right now! And now, he's spouting nonsense that Wen Rouhan is alive... That man wouldn't be alive, that bastard killed him during the war." Another cultivator said, "If I know, he raised him again from the dead just as he did to the Ghost General. He must be up to something after years of silence and peace."

The Martial gods wore the same disgusted expression. No wonder, no human was able to ascend to heaven no matter how much they cultivate. "It is not his fault." Mu Qing stared blankly at the cultivator, "before you find fault from someone, know the details before you spout nonsense. That man is more honorable than the rest of you collectively." The martial gods have already determined that Wei Wuxian is an ally. They already asked the literature and archive gods to check on his background. Although he died miserably, he is still a good man.

The Cang Qiong Peak disciple remained silent while listening to the exchange of words between the gods and the cultivators. Ignorance is not an excuse for cultivators not to understand the difference between their statuses. They didn't dare cross that line, even if they are immortals, the Martials are in their league. Divinity speaks of their power and that lands them at the peak of the hierarchy.

"Stand aside cultivators... They are not people you can offend." Yue Qingyuan said and lowers his cup of tea. The tension even got heavier with his words.

"And who are you to tell us what to do? We are merely stating the fact that Wei Wuxian must be purged before he could destroy the world. He even had demonic allies right now!"

"I believe, they would never allow that." Three cold stares made the whining cultivators shut up. Lan Wangji's cold stare was borderline. However, no one expected Xie Lian's cold smile and Shen Qingqiu's searching gaze. If looks could kill, they'd be killed right on the spot.

"I did not expect for the Heavenly Martial's to descend in the mortal realm." The old sage mused while stroking his beard. "Even peak immortals came to assist. Good. Good, with much help, you three can concentrate on the fight. However, I did not expect much from the mortal cultivators... They happened to make extreme biases and ill judgments..."

"Please don't lump us with them." Jiang Wanyin said. Nie Huaisang, Lan Wangji, and he resolutely stared at them. The mortal cultivator had fallen silent with Jiang Wanyin's remarks. Well, Jiang Wanyin had long given up believing in what others are saying after he reconciled with Wei Wuxian and learned of the truth. "We will assist, but we need to learn the details if we can."

"Yes... Yes..." The old man Sage nodded and glanced at the problematic trio who ran away from him.

"Cracks have been appearing throughout the world. This was the reason the enemy came into this plane. From ancient times, different planes allow the existence of every single life. These are the Heavenly or the Divine realms, the immortal peak or high immortal, the mortal realm, and the demon realm. However, another realm existed for some reason. A realm that was forbidden to interfere with the other since ancient times. If this realm exists in this world, it would only mean destruction." The sage narrated, no one believed the words he said. Well, that is expected for the cultivators but not for the peak immortals and martial gods.