SIEGE 2

[Jiang Wanyin's PoV]

Jiang Wanyin stopped. He had been fighting deep in the darkness. Well, he couldn't help getting in the mood to fight. That Liu Qingge had been throwing sharp glances at him. So he couldn't help but mock and tease him whenever and wherever.

"Ah-Cheng." Sharp memory as ever, Jiang Wanyin flinched at the sight of Jiang Yanli. The ever soft memories come to mind. "You are not A-Jie." He says, and flicked Zidian and attacked the Yanli impostor. "I have long past the time of grieving my sister's death like a kid." Merciless, heartless, that's what he lives by now. However, he didn't expect darkness to surround him the moment he drew Zidian back. He was imprisoned in a cocoon-like ball, a hidden power forcefully drew his memories and past trauma. There were voices. Voices of his love family and friends. Voiced of his fallen comrades and a shack memory of him standing in the middle of the rain, with Jin Ling in his arms as he buried his sister.

Jiang Wanyin's heart clenched at the sight of his nephew staring alone at a portrait. That sadness, that pain of losing everything, those smiles and warmth in an instant. That laughter echoes inside the halls of his home. Those things that he will never get back again.

Voices kept whispering inside his head. The darkness was slowly creeping into him blackening his beloved memories.

Even before he succumbed to his instincts to give in, a harsh tug pulled him back to reality along with a scowl and sword almost slashing his neck. Liu Qingge's frown even went unreadable as he said, "There's no way to take back what has already been taken... Your life is still yours and going down with this childish ploy is your idiocy!"

"Eh?" Jiang Wanyin smirked, "don't go speaking formally now... You're sharp-tongued."

"Oh well... Since the gig's up, can you fucking rise from your position because you're so damn heavy."

"Better." Jiang Wanyin said and nudged Liu Qingge back. He maneuvered himself on Liu Qingge's sword, finding the best spot for Zidian to rain its thunder. With one flick, he was able to destroy the red thing hovering above the impostor. The black mist dissipated back revealing a wide black slit in the middle of Yunmeng waters. Ghosts, ghouls, beasts, and kinds of monsters came out and backed away.

Jiang Wanyin muttered, "What the hell is this?"

"One of the Cracks the old martial sage said." Liu Qingge replied, "go back to the demon squad, give them a heads up about this matter... We will take care of the rest."

Jiang Wanyin nodded and ordered his men to follow Liu Qingge's instructions.

This time is no joke. This is the real deal.

*****

[Jin Ling/Lan Jingyi POV]

Cooperating with the peak immortals came to fruition. Jin Ling and Lan Jingyi stood in front of their respective units and vanquished enemies in a slow but steady stream. They had been waiting for Ouyang Zizhen's signal.

A female disciple from the peak immortal's asked, "young master's, what are we waiting for."

"Ah... Maiden..."

"Ning... Ning Ying Ying.."

"Maiden Ning. We've sent one unit to check the Yunmeng rivers beforehand... We're waiting for his signal because Master Wei told us to try and stop the leak from the crack." Lan Jingyi replied, "Maiden Ning, may we ask your assistance, we're short with help right now."

The peak immortal nodded and listened carefully on how to invoke the array. Hearing it was Master Wei who ordered them to try and stop the leaking of the dark mist, she accepted the role.