IV

[WEI WUXIAN'S POV]

Everything is burning again.

For the first time in his life, Wei Wuxian felt that fear again. He stared at the very alive and in flesh, Wen Rouhan. He made the grave mistake of believing his own biases but who would ever think that the said man would return to life? Living in peace and silence dulled his intuition and senses. Right now, his very home for almost twenty years is again, without a doubt, burned to the ground. Memories of the past forty-fours years ago flashed before his mind, the freshness of blood and the thousand sacrifices.

Those memories...

The deaths...

That hatred...

"come on! Wei Wuxian! Wield that power and fight me! That cunning fox took me before but no one! No one can fight me head-on! Come on! Show me that gory hell! That power you used to annihilate my clan! Come! Come Wei Wuxian! Let's dance amid war again!" the laughter Wen Rouhan let out was one of insanity and arrogance. Wei Wuxian held his child close and replied, " I no longer have such power. You should've been dead!"

"But I am alive." The man smirked stating the fact that he is still alive and well. Wei Wuxian pressed his eyes close and opened them. Taking Chenqing to his lips, he played a song and commanded every fallen Lan disciple to wake up. Wen Rouhan smiled, totally liking the situation. He raised one hand and formed a black-purple ball that Wei Wuxian braced himself for. He had to protect everyone while Lan Wangji save his brother from these hellish fires. Wake up! wake up and protect this place! The fallen white, stood up, swaying back and forth along with the notes of his dizi, Wei Wuxian noticed Wen Rouhan's satisfied expression but it was never his intention to fight. He is doing so for the survivors to escape. Resentful energy clashed with Wen Rouhan's weird energy. The energy he felt from the said man was ominous, menacing, and downright demonic. It was denser and more forceful than resentful energy and more importantly, it was deadly.

Is this the real Wen Rouhan? The same forbidden cultivation he perfected when he was still alive?

Wei Wuxian could still clearly hear the continuous cries of falling disciples. His desperation had all fallen to a futile attempt. His heart bleeds, his mind going blank.

"Young master Wei!" Wen Ning's voice echoed following his order to fight. The Ghost General attacked Wen Rouhan in hindsight, solely to protect him and the fleeing disciples. Lan Sizhui assisted Wen Ning. They stood in front of him shielding him from the overbearing energy from Wen Rouhan.

"ah... we meet again, my dear nephew... as I have thought... you're not the last living survivor... your flame is dull and lifeless than the strong flame flickering inside my head." Wei Wuxian felt the pricking sensation on his spine when Wen Rouhan stared at his child. He shielded Lan Sizhui from Wen Rouhan's searching gaze. Lan Sizhui knew the meaning of Wen Rouhan's word, "and a strong one to boot."

"I see." With one fist closing, Wei Wuxian heard Lan Sizhui's frantic cries. He immediately moved closer to him but Wen Rouhan dragged him away with his overbearing energy. He was slammed on GusuLan's Mountain of Rules, his sword stabbing him. Wen Rouhan made a disappointed expression. The said man moved closer to him and hovered before him, his hand on his chin forcing him to make eye contact, "this is not the Yiling Patriarch I've been longing for." The dangerous look on Wen Rouhan's face spelled their impending doom. Wei Wuxian braced himself to summon another batch of resentful energy but Wen Rouhan merely snapped his finger causing everything's into purification,

Terrifying. This is the man who wages war against the world, this is the real and powerful Wen Rouhan. He can do everything to his bidding.