Wrath 4

[At Lotus Pier]

Lan Sizhui's body lay silent in the middle of Lotus Pier's ancestral hall. Lan Jingyi, Jin Ling together with Ning Yingying and Liu Qingge stood guard. They didn't know why the enemy wanted him but one thing is for sure, it's not for anything good.

Qingheng-jun and Jiang Fengmian stood before Wen Rouhan. As expected of Meng Yao, his brains calculated everything right. They were even amazed with the precision and cunning plan he had. After all, Qishan fire's can only be used by a living Wen. It was a confidential information limited to the Sect Leaders and few elders. As of now, if Wen Rouhan obtain Lan Sizhui, he can will Qishan to his bidding. Especially, Lan Sizhui is a direct Wen descendant.

Outside the Lotus hall, Qingheng-jun and Jiang Fengmian even asked Wen Rouhan for a cup of tea. To the cultivator's, it was some kind of a joke they couldn't even comprehend. Why would an enemy enjoy a cup of tea? Nevertheless, they watched Wen Rouhan sitting nonchalantly before Qingheng-jun and Jiang Fengmian.

"It would be great if that Nie LingRen and Cangse Sanren is here." Wen Rouhan comments and sips from the teacup.

"The group might have been completed if Jin Guangshan is also here." Jiang Fengmian.

"So? Going for diplomatic conversation? Is this really the time you're going with that? Do you even understand the situation?" Wen Rouhan mocked. However, both Qingheng-jun and Jiang Fengmian wore the same smug smile.

"There is nothing like that." Qingheng-jun answered, "We're just here to chat with you before our official business."

"Oh? Sounds new? Of course, official business comes later." Wen Rouhan smirked and cracked his neck, "what might that be?"

"Why did you raise that war?"

Along the cracking fire, the cup on Wen Rouhan's hand shattered. His amber eyes stared at Qingheng-jun's gold and Jiang Fengmian's dull purple.

"Because I am bored." Was his answer.

"Just some nasty hobby you got as ever, Rouhan." Qingheng-jun smiled his face dark and unreadable, "...scum..."

"Shall we go with our official business then?"

In a blink if an eye, three swords finally clashed shattering the threshold, grins and smiles plastered on their faces.

[Hua Cheng's POV]

He dug his own eye when drove to madness. Hua Cheng knew that feeling of wanting to give up or just die miserably or anything painful. He knew the feeling of desperation and insanity but he wasn't one to give up easily. He endured eight hundred years waiting. So, he can't continue to watch this person throwing his life as if it didn't matter. Wei Wuxian doesn't have any reason to lose his life for this fight, if ever, he needed to think how to survive and got by.

Taking his core, will be the last thing Hua Cheng had in mind. "Wei Wuxian." If he does, then everything would be meaningless for them in this fight. "Come here." Everything they stake would be nothing worth.

That selfish request. That naivety. Everything they would fight for will be nothing.

"To save everyone is a gallant and brave thing to do." The words that held him in warmth. Those words spoken softly with tender resolution, "that includes your life."

Xie Lian always told him those words. The words his god failed and caused misery. Yet, as the person who holds his god dearly, he knew that feeling, that failure, that desperate attempt to fulfill that vision. Wei Wuxian is doing the same at the same time not. "Do not fight humanity with humanity."