Deception 1

Luo Binghe woke up dead at night. He was leaning on Hua Cheng's shoulders. He must've fallen asleep. He noticed Wei Wuxian made a pillow out of Hua Cheng's lap. He smiled; this is the first time he felt someone's touch comforting other than what his Shizun gave him. This is the first time in his life he wasn't judged as a demon sprawl, despite their ego's clashing at first sight.

He carefully placed his emergency blanket over them. He cleaned the jars of wine loitering around them. Since when did he enjoy other people's company other than Shizun? Since when has he felt accepted in his life? This is the second time. He patted Wei Wuxian's head, and he took the jar of wine in the latter's arms when he stirred to the side. Luo Binghe couldn't help but smile. He thought he was lesser, thought the world was his enemy, but never would he have thought someone or persons would feel the same pain.

"Binghe?" He turned around and stared at his Shizun, who had been standing a metre away from him. "Can we talk?"

Moment of truth. He thought.

He nodded and smiled as he took Shen Yuan's hand. He ushered him away from the sleeping fools. They settled by the river. They sat down. Luo Binghe hesitantly let Shen Yuan's hands go but the latter held his hand tighter.

"I know I have deceived you for far too long," Luo Binghe's heart stuttered at Shen Yuan's voice, "but it's time to tell you the truth—about me, about us, about a time that existed in a far time."

Luo Binghe didn't say anything. At most, he was one who would tirelessly cling to Shizun but with the attitude Shen Yuan was showing him, he felt like a stranger, a man who didn't know this man. It was as if there's this thin line between them that he can never cross.

"I am not the real Shen Qingqiu."

He knew he would be hurt hearing this sentence. He prepared himself for this moment but it seemed like it didn't even work. He caressed Shen Yuan's hand, nudging him to continue.

"My real name is Shen Yuan. I came from a time several thousands of years in the future." Shen Yuan paused for a while, inhaled and exhaled, and even bit his lips.

"Go on," he said, not tearing his gaze away.

"I died at that time."

Died? Died in the future?

"I woke up in this world that only existed as a stallion novel in my original time. I woke up after my death at that time and was given a mission to complete the stallion novel's plot." Shen Yuan stared at him; he had a soft smile, mustering all the courage to tell him the truth. "I was never meant to live in the original novel. You were destined to kill me."

The words that came from Shen Yuan stabbed Luo Binghe's heart. He didn't know but his tears had fallen on their own. "I am the ultimate scum villain who envied you and your talent. The original Shen Qingqiu is one never meant to have trust or be with you. It was I, Shen Yuan, who went with you and changed that story."

"Shizun..."

"Binghe. Do you understand?"

Luo Binghe understood and yet his heart can't. He felt so guilty after forcing this person to take all that danger and death for him. He felt so hurt that he couldn't stop his tears.

"I... wanted to stop that plot where I would send you to an eternal abyss. I really wanted to save you but at that time, I... wanted to live." Shen Yuan's words rang: "I have always deceived you. I lied to you. You were right that anybody could be my reason to leave you. Anyone could but not you. I am sorry."

"Since when?" he asked, "since when did you come into this world?"

"The time I called you and told you to be strong," Shen Yuan truthfully said.