Wrath 3

[Xie Lian's POV]

As far the information from each planes records, there were several powerful cultivator's and enemies present. The peak immortals came with TianLang-jun, a demon king. He was the grandest and most powerful enemy who toyed with them and abandoned Luo Binghe. Xie Lian noted the information Hua Cheng disclosed to him about the original Shen Qingqiu. Hua Cheng asked him to keep it secret from the present Shen Qingqiu (Shen Yuan). The mortal's had Wen Rouhan, Jin Guangshan, Meng Yao and several others. But these two stands out the most. The prideful most powerful sect Leader during the war and the cunning leecher. Xie Lian shook his head with the cultivator's rascal words defining Jin Guangshan. As far as the fight goes, Jin Guangshan has already been eliminated. The enemies are down to six. Meng Yao was revived by Wei Wuxian. What bothers him was the sole person who hadn't attacked yet, that black robed man with crimson eyes.

For the heaven's, the only enemy they had for eons was Bai Wuxiang. Luo Binghe's description Hua Cheng's ex-girlfriend fits Qi Rong. He shook his head when he remembered that night the demon squad had the drinking contest. Others may seem to find it lame and disgusting but for Xie Lian, he find it very endearing and cute.

After all, Hua Cheng is not that kind of person to initiate conversation or talk to anyone other than him. He would always sat by the side, listening, talk when asked or interject if it's important. For Xie Lian, he had never seen this kind of side from always aloof Hua Cheng. It was as if he was enjoying his day. He even let the two youngsters to talk pillow on his lap and shoulder after they drank. Xie Lian liked it. He liked that part where his San Lang seemed like a normal person for once. It was so nice to watch him talk with people other than him. He couldn't help but giggle and smile, while fumbling the dice in his hand.

"Your Highness." Xie Lian turned around. Unusual, he thought. Shen Yuan had always called him Master Xie than Your Highness.

"Hm?" He smiled. This unusual account is too good to be true. Something is amiss. But, he couldn't point it out. Somehow, the air around Shen Yuan is filled with deceit. Xie Lian just smiled and shrugged it off, "what can I do for you, Master Shen?" He's used to call him Qingqiu but calling him that felt so wrong.

"The enemy before... He had eight heart. I'm curious as to what you're thinking about the others." This Shen seemed like leading him somewhere.

"Yes, that. I'm afraid, I won't know until we faced them. But, as the Martial Sage said, it can be their hearts, ashes, or anything that can help them exist." He replied.

"Hm..." Weird. Just weird. There's something wrong but he can't point it out.

"So it's the same as ghost... Ghost needed their ashes to remain alive." Xie Lian glanced at Shen Qingqiu and raised his guard up, "isn't Hua Cheng a ghost too? Would it be good for him to fight?"

"San Lang can..."

"Did he keep his ash?"

Xie Lian paused for a moment before replying, "yes... He kept it in a very good place." He immediately added in that moment of hesitation, " that even I don't know."

Weird. The expression Shen Qingqiu made was weird. Xie Lian smiled despite that white lie he never done. His instinctively replied ignorance of that lone fact left on his keep. Hua Cheng never told him not to disclose this to anyone, but for Xie Lian he took this seriously and have been keeping Hua Cheng's ash.

"To think Master Hua didn't even told you where his ash ring was, his other half." Shen Qingqiu uncharacteristically said. This riles that thought that this was a different Shen Qingqiu.

"Say, Master Shen... how do you know it's an ash ring?" Xie Lian's question stilled the tension between them.

"Luo Binghe told me that." Xie Lian smiled. Instead of replying, Xie Lian excused himself. He had thoughts of meeting Lan Wangji. There's definitely something weird going.