SIEGE I

"Wei Ying!" Jiang Wanyin shouted and flicked Zidian's hilt back, snapping one head from a beast looming around them, "can you handle it here?!" Wei Wuxian nodded readying himself to unleash the seals on his scroll. The other side of the battlefield had some problems.

"Jiang Cheng! You better take the youngsters away from here! The farther the better!" Well, Wei Wuxian, was beginning to think that the hardest part of this fight is to not let the young witness this hell. This task exclusively bestowed to them was downright difficult to explain without getting beaten up.

"Focus!" Unable to resist his urge, Luo Binghe threw a heavy gaze at Wei Wuxian. He could tell that Wei Wuxian is trying to avoid a greater problem and he feel bad for him. But right now, his instincts are telling him that they couldn't afford distractions right now. Yet, he couldn't leave his opponent for now.

Contrary to Luo Binghe's worries, Wei Wuxian simply took advantage of the time and chaos he caused. He merely smiled and then gestured by closing his palms. Lan Wangji's spiritual energy is taking the lead in protecting him from the attacks. "Wake!" Wei Wuxian groaned. His resentful energy gets thicker, denser, and more concentrated. He didn't dare to prolong the same instance and this unsated curiosity. He raised his head and commanded, "wake up!"

New four corpses stood before Wei Wuxian. Lan Wangji's eyes widen at the sight of the White clothed corpse. He subconsciously lowered Wangji and stared at the said corpse figure standing in front of his beloved.

"Let's try this new technique!"

"Ah... I didn't know A-Xian is a slave driver.." the purple-robed man let out an imaginary sigh. His purple sword gleamed in delight.

"Wei Wuxian had always been like this... No wonder, A-Li always had her worries on him." Another gold-clothed man said. Raising JiFeng, his spiritual bow, and shooting an arrow at the green-clothed man, "I have always known my father is a lost cause. Let me go for a bit... I would need to find Suihua."

"Jin Guangshan.." The GusuLan master replied, "had always been cunning as before." He turned around and stared at Lan Wangji for a while. It wasn't the same rigid expression Wen Ning have, the man's features are alive and moving. Expression is not void and emotion is not deprived.

"Master Lan, perhaps... May I borrow your sword for a while?"

As expected, Lan Wangji wore a stubborn look on his face. Seeing this face, this contour, and those same golden hues. Lan Wangji knew who Wei Wuxian revived. Seeing him again, it was as if a dream come true. He chuckled and walked back. He can trust Wei Ying to this person. He can walk and fight without fear of Wei Ying leaving him any second, is that person... that corpse will protect his spouse. He threw Bichen to the man and stepped back.

"My, I was thinking of meeting A-Lan after this... But it seemed like I'm bound to do work from the start." The Dao Master smiled and held his hand out. He took a good tree branch, "I would need my sword later. Ah... The kids are trembling..."

The GusuLan master smiled, a powerful barrier that can be compared to GusuLan's wards was erected. "Might as well redeem me before I meet with them. Young Master Lan, I know you're fine... Can you break them off here?"

Meanwhile, the kneeling younger generations helplessly recognized that one word called fear. They had the same yielding look—almost too comical and on the verge of giving up. They could hear the horrified screams and cries from a distance. Some are pulling their consciousness away and some are being driven to insanity. 'Die', 'kill', and 'pathetic' rang aloud in their ears.

On the other hand, only Lan Jingyi and Jin Ling were able to withstand the demonic and resentful undulations. The GusuLan master noticed they were not affected by the hallucinations. They were amassing spiritual energy to break the bank and to think the Lan Master singlehandedly broke it off for them to free everyone from fear. They understand that their only argument was they're too pathetic and weak-willed. With the sound of Xiao, the younger generations both immortals and mortals snapped awake.