02

"Your Bessonova’s Swan has really improved, Mani."Coach Cynthia said as I slipped on my tracksuit pants over my leotard since it was the end of practice.

"Thank you, Coach."I responded as I slipped on my slides before I grabbed my duffle bag and hoop.

"How's college, sweetie?"she asked as she packed up her equipment.

"Uh great. The work load is very intense though."I said as I helped her with the equipment.

"How's your wrist holding up?"she inquired which made my heart sink.

"Good. It's better."I muttered avoiding her gaze because I already know she could see through my lie.

"Have you told your mom yet?"She continued which made me sigh before I shook my head.

"When will you tell her because you have a grade 3 sprain, Imani."She sternly said as she took the hoop out of my hand and made me look up at her.

"You need to tell your mom or I will and I don't want to do that to you."She continued softening her gaze.

"No, Coach you know she will take me off gymnastics. I am seeing my physiotherapist."I responded as I gently placed the other equipment down.

"Mani, I spoke to your physiotherapist and she told me that you were supposed to be off for weeks now and you've only seen her once."She remarked as she took my hand in hers and pushed the multiple bracelets I had on before she tried to rotate my wrist even the slightest but I winced in pain and weakly pulled my hand away from her.

"This will and can get worse. If you don't go to your physio tomorrow, I'm calling your mom."she warned which made me sigh heavily before I nodded my head and left the dance studio.

I grabbed my headphones and slipped them on before I opened my phone and noticed that I had a couple of messages from Damon, Nathaniel and Keishia.

Damon:
morning baby. <3
you need anything? i have baseball practice and I finish in an hour, maybe we could meet up and just talk.

Nathaniel <3 <3:
hey boo boo. Simone needs you.

Keisha:
hey girl, we have an emergency.

I sighed as I rushed back to my dorm room and when I got there I saw Simone packing.

"Wh-Whats happening?"I asked as I watched them pack up.

"Her parents only paid for her tuition and so she can't stay in her dorm."Keisha explained which made me look at Simone sympathetically.

"Simone I can help you. Maybe let's go to the finance office now and I can pay it for you."I suggested as I tried to stop her from packing her stuff.

"No, Imani it's okay. I don't want to do that to you. I'll go and stay with my auntie for awhile. So you can bring Damon here as much as you want."she joked which made Nathaniel and Keisha look at me in shock.

"Damon? Damon Sims?"Keisha asked in shock as she looked at me with a smug look.

"Simone."I sulked in frustration as I looked at her and placed my duffle bag on my bed.

"Sorry girl. They were going to find out eventually."Simone joked which made me playfully roll my eyes and begin to help her pack up her essentials.

"Fill my cup."Nathaniel remarked in a sing-song tone as she gave me a smirk.

"It's nothing that deep I promise."I nonchalantly said as I shrugged my shoulders.