05

"You're doing so well, Imani."Doctor Brown said as she gave me a small smirk.

"No more of this."She continued as she playfully waved the wrist brace around with a smirk.

"For real?"I asked with excitement as I gave her a smile

"Yeah and I called your coach, you are going to to take part in the Althetic Alumi weekend in a few months."she said which made me look at her in shock and excitement.

"What? Really? So I can go back to practicing?"I asked in excitement which made her nod with a big smile.

I smiled in disbelief before I pulled her into a hug out of excitement.

"I'm sorry, that was out of hand."I said as I quickly pulled away which made her shake her head as she nodded.

"No, don't worry sweet heart. You're excited."she said as patted my knee.

"Now go on. You have class."She said as she gave me a smirk which made me nod and say my finally bye before I left.

I headed to my lecture class but this time I was earlier than last week and I was a little too early because I seemed to be the only one on class.

"Ey, James."I smiled as I looked up at the boy from last week.

"My bad, I am sorry I forgot your name."I mumbled apologetically as I placed my bag on my chair.

"Don't stress, it's Quincy but Q also works."he politely said as he walked towards me.

"I'm sorry again. I usually remember names. I might have been stressed since the last time we spoke."I explained as I gave him a small smile.

"Nah, don't worry about it. I see your wrist brace is off."he said pointing towards my wrists.

"Yeah. I can start going to competitions now."I excitedly said which made me shake my head.

"I shouldn't be telling you this. I barely know you."I responded as I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Nah, I'm happy for you. I actually can't play basketball anymore because of my knee injury. I got this knee injury I'm high school, ignored it and here we are."he sadly explained I could tell he was trying to be nonchalant but it was eating him up.

"I'm so sorry. I've had this injury since last year. You could try golf."I joked trying to brighten up the mood which made him chuckle.

"I should. Who knows I could be the next Tiger Woods."he joked whilst chuckling which made me giggle.

"Ay, Q."I smiled as I looked up at his friends that walked into his class and a couple of other people since the class was about to start.

"You going to introduce us?"Quincy sighed in annoyance as he looked at his friends before he nodded.

"Imani, these are my friends I was telling you about. Isaiah, Kyle and Andre."he said as I pointed towards his friends who shook my hand once Quincy said their names.

"Nice to meet you."Andre flirtatiously said in his raspy voice as he gave me a smirk.

"Like wise."I said as I gave him an awkward smile before he could continue to flirt with me the lecturer walked which made me rush to my seat.

I wrote all my notes down for my lecture including some pointer for the assignment we had due in 2 months.

"Okay there's a group task I want you all to do. I would like you all to pair up and write an essay of 4500 words talking about the topic we touch on."He explained which made me sigh as I took out a sticky note and wrote a reminder about the essay.