32

"G-good morning, Mrs Sims."I muttered as I carefully climbed down the ladder giving one of the guys the pins I was holding so they could continue putting up the 'congratulations' banner.

"How are you sweetie?"She asked as I paced up and down the KEK house.

Mrs Sims had me on the call for quite a long time telling me about Damon and how she wanted me to check up on him even since his father passed away which I did not mind.

She also told me that he insisted on coming back to BU early because he did not want all of us to worry and he wanted to celebrate JR's Cape cod invitation as well as his remission anniversary since we both organise a small surprise for JR he did not want to leave me hanging alone.

I had tried to call him a couple of time even text him to let him know that he did not need to come but I could not reach him so I stopped trying.

"Alright Mrs Sims. You should take care of yourself as well."I spoke before I hung up and sigh heavily as I looked at the time before I placed my phone back into my pocket.

"JR is going to come back from his jog in a few minutes so let's hide."I announced as I looked around the house for a proper hiding spot and watched as my phone did a little count down.

JR always had the most predictable morning routine so doing this surprise was easy.

We all hid for a while as we heard JR's music bursting through his noise cancelling headphones and when he opened the door we all jumped out and yelled 'Surprise'.

He chuckled as he looked around the room in shock making me jog towards him and hug him tightly.

"I know you said you did not want to really celebrate but I really wanted to do this for you because you deserve it."I explained as I pecked his lips a couple of times.

"Thank you baby. I really appreciate it."he said as he kissed my forehead before I allowed him to go speak to the rest of the boys.

I smiled as I watched him greet all his KEK brothers before I frowned as I thought about Damon and him coming back today. I did not know what to even do or say to him.

"Hey, you want to go see Damon? He's coming back today."I muttered as I pulled JR to the side making him nod his head.

"Yeah, his mom called you too?"he asked making me nod my head.

JR announced to his KEK brothers that he was leaving for a few minutes and we left to go meet Damon at the elevator of his dorm building.

When we got to the elevator everyone was already there, Nate, Kei, Cam, Simone and even Coach Marcus. We stood there in silence for awhile until the elevator doors opened revealing Damon who had his hood over his head and he wore a small smile on his face which made my stomach drop.

"Hey, bro. Man, I'm sorry for your loss."JR muttered as he went in to dab up Damon.

"If there's anything we can do..."Kei started as she hugged Damon.

"No. Seriously, we're here for you."I replied as I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him into a tight embrace.

"Yeah, bro. We got you."Cam muttered as he gave Damon a hug as well.

"That includes me, too."Coach Marcus replied as he hugged Damon after Cam.

"So they dragged you to this welcoming committee, Coach?"Damon joked with a broken smile on his face.

"I had to lay eyes on you myself. Look, if you need anything, even if it's company in silence, man, we're all here for you, OK. "Coach Marcus responded as he looked at Damon making Damon chuckle slightly.