29

"Happy birthday Imani."

I groaned as I opened one eye to see JR holding a cupcake with one candle sticking out from the top of the cupcake. I giggled tiredly as I slightly stretched my body whilst JR sang the birthday song for me.

"Make a wish."He sang as he bought the cupcake closer to my lips making me smile before I playfully closed my eyes tightly.

'I wish to have a good year and for my day to be drama free.'

I took a deep breathe before I blew out the candle wick making him cheer as he handed me the cupcake making me giggle as I gently broke a piece for him and gave him the other half before I began to eat it and once I was done he tossed the wrapped in the bin and came back into his bed.

"It feels like I have not seen you or spoken to you in years. We aren't even following our new years resolutions."I muttered as I placed my chin on JR's chest and looked up at him as I felt him gently caress my nude back.

"We got the sex part of it right."He joked making me giggle as I rolled my eyes and placed my head on his chest.

"No, we did not. It was supposed to be twice a week this is more than twice a week."I replied making him chuckle in response.

"You complaining?"He sternly as with a smirk looking down at me as I nestled my head in his neck.

"No, sir. Mr JR. I can tell you've been doing initiations and all of that, since when are you this strict?"I asked as I shut my eyes and took in his addictive sent whilst subconsciously intertwining my hand with his hand.

"Strict?"

"Yeah, you were stern with me just a few seconds ago."I replied whilst chuckling making him shake his head.

"I am always like tha--"

"Not after sex you're not. You usually give me after care."I muttered giving him a childish pout which made him chuckle as he pulled me closer to him and kissed me all over my face making me giggle.

"And I would give you after care if I had the facilities."

"Also, did you know that Kai is related to Aqueelah?"I asked as I looked up at JR making him look down at me like a crazy person.

"Really, I know that they used to be best friends." JR replied making me look up him oddly.

"Wait so you know her?"I asked making him cringe before nodding his head making me sit up and stare at him.

"Why did you say you met her during New Years?"I asked as I held a blanket against my chest.

"Baby, it's because I knew I had to explain everything and I thought talking about Aqueelah would be uncomfortable."he explained making me cross my arms and look down at him.

"Well, you're making it uncomfortable, you lied."I stated before I got out of his bed and began to put my clothes on.

"Imani, don't do this. I'm sorry I lied. I thought saying that we know each other would have made the encounter even weirder and it's not even like that I promise. I just know that she was friends with Aqueelah and they had a friendship break up because Kaisa was being...strange."He explained as he began to change as well making me roll my eyes as I grabbed my stuff.

"That's all you had to say JR. Me finding it out like this makes it seem like you were lying about something deeper than that and I get the sense that there is something else going on."I mumbled as I looked up at him with a frown.

"Imani, I'm sorry. I understand and I see how this looks but it's not like that baby. Look at me baby."JR pleaded as he gently took my stuff out of my hand and placed them on his bed before he reach for my hands making me stare at his hands instead.