00

"Imani look baby they have a dance program and dance studio."I smiled as I looked down at the pamphlet my mom kept reading in excitement.

"I just want to know if it would be good for my baby though."she mumbled as she continued to read.

"Mom, why did you invite dad?"I asked as I stopped in my tracks, we've been avoiding this topic the entire ride here but he was going to be here in a few minutes and I wasn't prepared.

"He wanted to come see his baby in college."she awkwardly said as she looked up from the pamphlet but when she saw my disappointed face she took my hand and kissed it as usual  when she wanted to make me calm down.

"Mom, I don't want to see him."I said as I looked at her, she placed her hand on my cheek and kissed my forehead.

"Baby, I'm sorry. I really am but he wouldn't have it any other way."she said as she pulled me into a hug.

"Now let's enjoy today. You're graduating high school soon, you're about to attend and HBCU. You're going to be away from home and I'm going to miss you so much baby."she said as hugged me even tighter.

"I'll call you and I'll visit during breaks."I said as I pulled away from her and kissed her cheek.

"I'll miss you so much baby."she said as she began to tear up a bit which made me sigh.

"Mommy, I'll start crying too."I said as wiped her years before I looked away from her and that's when I saw a crowd of people huddled up somewhere.

"What's going on there?"I asked as I looked at the commotion.

"I have no idea baby. Maybe it's your father."she said which made me roll my eyes.

"Doesn't he have to play at the Superbowl or something?"I sarcastically asked and before I knew it I saw him signing a couple of people's stuff and trying to make his way out of the commotion, there was paparazzi.

"Oh, it is him."I rolled my eyes as I decided to walk the opposite direction.

"Baby, you can't avoid him forever."My mom said as she gently grabbed my arm.

"He must come to us--"

"Mani!"I rolled my eyes before I looked up at saw my saw jogging our way of course with the people still hot off his trail.

"How's my little dancer?"he asked as he hugged me tightly and twirled me around.

"Good."I said as I gave him a small smile when I looked back at my mom I noticed that she had stepped back and she motioned for me to continue talking to my dad.

"Imani, how were the Olympics?"I smiled as I looked up at the microphone that was held up to my face.

"Uh, great."I awkwardly said.

"Richard, how did you feel when your daughter got the silver medal for Artistic Gymnastics?"I sighed as I continued to look back at my mom.

"I was so proud of my baby. I was even prouder when she made the Olympics. She's been talented since she was a little baby."my dad explained as he hugged my tightly and kissed my forehead.

"This is school private property. We need to ask you all to leave."I looked up to see the man that had called my mom and I a week prior accepting our application.

It took awhile but after my dad and the man told them all to leave they eventually did leave.

"Mr and Mrs James. I am Zeke Allen, the President of Bringston University. You must be the talented Imani James."He said as he shook our hands.