04

"Thank you for attending today's lecture students and for our next lesson I expect you all to have done this task."Professor Fisher said whilst tapping the white board with his marker pointing to what was written on the board.

'Nature vs. Nurture.'

I groaned as I began to pack up my stuff and place them into my tote bag.

"Broad essay question right?"I looked up at who was starting up the conversation and I saw a tall medium toned black guy who had locs and a studded nose ring.

"Uh, yeah it is broad but I think we can get 2 pages."I politely responded as I looked up at the guy with a small smile.

"Sports injury?"he asked as he pointed at my visible black wrist brace.

"Uh, yeah. Reason why I only made the second session of the lecture so I didn't get most of the notes."I replied as I gave him a small smile, in which he returned showing off his lower teeth braces.

"He recorded the session so don't worry and I can maybe share my notes if you need to."he said scratching the back of his neck.

"I don't even know your name, stranger."I joked as I took my glasses off and placed them in my case.

"I'm Quincy Woods."he nervously said as he stuck out his hand with a small smile.

"Oh, nice to meet you. I'm Imani James."I politely said as I shook his hand with a small smile.

"I know. The boys in that corner wouldn't stop talking about you and they just kept saying how beautiful you are. I just gathered up the courage to come here."he muttered as pointed to the corner whilst we made our way out of the lecture room.

"I'm flattered and I admire your courage but--"

"Hey baby. You ready to go?"Damon asked as handed me my matcha latte and he held out his arm in which I allowed him wrap his arm around my neck.

"I'll see you around, Quincy."I said as I gave him a small wave before I walked off with Damon.

"Who's that?"Damon asked possessively as he gently intertwined his hand in mine.

"Some guy from my class. Thank you for the matcha."I simply answered whilst shrugging obviously not caring about the whole encounter.

" How was your class?"I asked as I took a sip from my matcha cup.

"Not bad. I still have to work on that assignment we have to find black stories and conduct a presentation. I'm in a group with Simone and Thea. I was supposed to meet up with them but Thea canceled and she said she found a book and she assigned us parts."he said after he read out his assignment that he had written down in a sticky note that was on his notepad.

"she assigned you parts? It's group work."I stated as I continued to walk but Damon abruptly stopped which inevitably made me stop as well.

"What?"I asked as I looked at him weirdly which made him chuckle in response and take my wrist that had a wrist brace around it in his hand and he chuckled again which made me look up at him and he had a prominent smirk on his face.

"You went back to Dr Brown without me?"he smugly asked as he gave me a smirk which made me take my wrist away from him.

"I went this morning before my lecture, yeah. I won't participate for the tournament in LA."I simply stated shrugging my shoulders.

"I'm glad you listened to me."he said as he continued to walk which made me sarcastically laugh at him.

"You? I listened to you? Damon you were going to go to LA with me and my sprained wrist."I stated as rolled my eyes whilst giggling.