03

"Damon, you sure you didn't miss a class at the class registration?"I asked as I looked up at the wooden door that had a golden plaque engraved.

'Dr. Leslie Brown.'

"I didn't. Now knock, baby."he said as he gestured to the door in front of us but before I could knock myself Damon knocked for me.

"Damon."I groaned as I looked up at him as the door opened and revealed a beautiful lady who had a warm smile which inevitably made me smile politely.

"You have to get it done baby. Good morning, Doctor Brown."he greeted politely as he placed his hand on the small of my back and gently pushed me inside.

"Gymnastic Olympic star, Imani James is the emergency appointment you booked?"she asked in amazement as she sat down on her brown chair and gestured us to sit down on the chairs opposite her.

"How are you doing sweetheart?"she asked as she analysed me to see what could be wrong.

"I'm good, how are you?"I politely asked as I placed my hand on my lap.

"What brings you here, sugar?"she asked as she looked at me in concern.

I hesitantly dragged my bracelets off my wrist and placed my wrist on her desk.

"Oh my gosh."she mumbled in shocked as she looked at my wrist that visibly looked bruised when you looked at it closely.

"You don't mind do you, sweetie?"she asked in shocked as she gently took my wrist in her hand.

"How long have you been injured? What I can see here is that you've been forcibly using your wrist."she said as she touched it a bit which made me wince a couple of times and she would apologize everytime.

"For a couple of months. 4 or 5 months?"I answered which made her sigh heavily.

"I think I need an x-ray to check on how severe this injury actually is."She said as she took her telephone and dialed a number.

After a seconds a nurse walked in and took me to a room where I did my x-ray, we waited for a bit until she walked me back to the office.

"Oh."she said in shock staring at the x-ray which made me which made me lean closer.

"What's wrong?"I asked in concern but Damon placed his hand on my thigh to calm me down.

"You have a grade 2 sprain which is a more severe sprain, but incomplete tear with moderate pain, swelling and bruising. Even if it feels stable, the damaged areas is tender, yeah?"she asked which made me nod in response.

"I need you to maybe ease down on gymnastics for a month so we can repair this tear."she said as she placed the x-ray on her desk.

"A month? I have a tournament this weekend that I've been preparing."I stated as I looked up at her.

"Sweetie I'm sorry bu-"

"No, no. I am going to that tournament. I'm sorry. Thank you for helping me and giving me that advice and Damon thank you for booking that appointment but I have to compete. Goodbye."I said as I stood up and pushed my chair in before I left and rushed out of the office.

"Imani. Imani wait."Damon said as he rushed towards me before he gently grabbed my hand.

"Damon, I need to compete. I can't stop gymnastics I'd rather do this whole tournament with my sprained wrist, okay?"I stammered looking down at my wrist.

"I need to go. Enjoy practice."I said rushing back to my dorm room and thought about all the stuff Lando had said to me.

"You're nothing but a gymnast. That's all you have and I don't think you see that. You need this, the same way you keep saying I need baseball."