21

"Excuse me? Are you congested?"I sighed heavily as I pushed my phone against my ear whilst moisturizing my legs with sunscreen.

"Mommy, did you call me to check on my health?"I asked whilst giggling making her kiss her teeth.

"I call you to check on your everything, Mani. Did you rub that eucalyptus rub on your chest yet? Did your father even bring you medicine?"she panicked making me laugh.

"Yes, he did and he said you would ask that. Mom, How was Seattle?"I asked as I closed my sunscreen before placing it on my nightstand.

"Good. It went well."she chimed making me nod my head.

"That's good. Did you get the email I sent you?"I asked which made her giggle.

"Your report transcript for this semester, yeah. Your christmas present just got better."she replied as I placed my phone on my bed and put her on loud speaker as I slipped on my tight baby tee and a pair of shorts.

"Its it that belly piercing I have been wanting?"I joked making her kiss her teeth.

"Good bye, Imani."she sighed out making me giggle.

"Bye mommy."I sweetly responded before I hung up I looked around for my white bucket once I found out I grabbed it and slipped it over my knotless braids.

I made my way to the cafeteria to get myself water and pineapple juice since I was planning on surprising JR later on this afternoon.

I placed my phone in my pocket before I made my was to the baseball field since the boys were playing today. When I was on my way there I met up with Simone, Keisha and Nate.

"You look cute."Simone said as she linked her arm with mine.

"Thank you."I replied as I playfully flipped my braids over my shoulder.

"Revenge of the ex's. That's what her fit is saying." Nate teased making everyone laugh as I kissed my teeth.

"Girl, I dress great all the time. Lando doesn't have to be around for me to look good."I pointed out making Nate laugh as she nodded her head.

"Yeah but Lando isn't the only ex there."She replied with a smirk making me gasp as I walked ahead of her and Keisha with Simone by my side.

"You know better than to talk about my ex's in my presences. Shame on you Nathaniel."I joked as I waved her off making her and Keisha laugh.

We finally made it to the diamond and the boys came out to play, everything was going well and we were cheering proudly.

"They're doing well."Keisha excitedly said making me nod my head before I cheered.

"Go boys!"

Coach Shaw then stopped the game and called Lando over making me cross my arms.

"Is that allowed?"Simone asked as we watched Lando run back to the field.

"Yeah but their coach always plays dirty and Lando does that when he knows he's losing."I snarkly responded whilst rolling my eyes.

As soon as Lando began to pitch he began to play dirty by pitching at Damon in different angles making the game shift in their favor.

"Oh boo!"I yelled as I watched Hawkins play the game unfairly.

Damon came on to pitch and he was pitching poorly as well making me cringe because I knew he was overthinking everything, he eventually got called to the side for awhile and after he came back he began to play like himself.

"Ah I have to go. Tell the boys congratulations for me."Simone said as she looked down at her phone.

"Is everything okay?"I asked as I placed my hand on hers.