09

"Imani, you've been practising since 5am you need a break."Coach Cynthia stated as I did my routine on the horizontal bars.

"Coach, you already how competitive I am."I mumbled whilst panting before I started to do my routine again.

"Girl, don't make me call your mom and doctor."she threatened which made me hop off the horizontal bars.

"Good, now let's go eat."she said as she patted my back and led me out the gym.

"Wait. I don't have my card. Let me go fetch it."I mumbled as I was about to turn back to the gym.

"Girl, I've been your coach since you were 8. I'll get you something."she stated as she gestured for me to continue walking ahead.

Once we got to the area I got a light breakfast with Coach Cynthia and we just kept talking about other things because she wanted me to get distracted.

"Your mom tells me that you have a boyfriend."She said as she smirked and gave me a wink.

"I'm not even sure if he's my boyfriend anymore."I mumbled as I looked down at my fruit salad.

"That is why I don't date men."she joked as she rolled her eyes at me which made me giggle.

"He cheated?"she asked as placed her hand on mine.

"Emotionally, yeah."I admitted as I looked up at her with a small smile.

"We don't want any bad vibes so let's just talk about something else, please."I pleaded as I opened the container that had the fruit salad.

"Sure baby. I've got a surprise for you."she said as she reached into her bag and she took out a narrow gift box.

"Coach."I said in awe as I looked down at the box she gestured for me to open it in which I did, I saw a maroon and grey bedazzled gymnastics leotard which made me gasp and as I took it out and saw the Bringston University logo designed with plastic jewels.

"Coach. This looks like the one you wore when you were here."I said as I looked at it with a huge smile.

"It is baby, I got it washed and touched it up a bit. Put a bit of the jewels here and there too."she said with a small smile which made me yet off my seat and go to her for a hug in which she returned.

"I see so much in your future, Imani."she said as she tightened the hug which made me nod before we pulled away.

"Thank you so much, Coach."I said as I placed the leotard back into the box.

"I've got another surprise."she said as she gave me a small smirk.

"You engaged?"I joked which made her kiss her teeth before she nodded her head behind me when I turned I saw both my parents and my smile slowly faded.

"Oh, hi."I awkwardly said as I allowed my mom to hug me tightly.

"Hi baby. I thought it would be great if your dad could watch."she said which made me nod my head as I looked up at him.

"Hi dad." I awkwardly said as I outstretched my arm so he could shake my hand but he bought me in for a hug.

"I'm so excited baby. How do you feel?"he asked as he hugged me tightly.

"Great. I need to go practice."I said as I walked back to my table to grab my fruit salad and gift box.

"I need to go."I said as I looked up at coach apologetically and walked back to the gym but when I walked back I bumped into someone.

"I'm sorry."I mumbled as I rushed away.

"Hey, Imani. Imani."I stopped and looked behind me to see JR and I just rushed to him and hugged him.